Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator
Nancy AABB Admin

Number of posts : 35564
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Posted updated Rules   April 19th 2010, 5:40 am

As promised, I tried to update and simplify the rules.

No discussion in the "Announcement" post, but you can discuss them in this thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Moody
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Moody

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Posted updated Rules   April 19th 2010, 6:30 am

Remember when you were accused of running AABB like a communist nation? Wouldn't that mean that all citizens/posters would be treated equally? I never understood that dig taken at AABB because I always understood communism to mean all people are treated equally... but to an extreme. I was always embarrassed to asked because I didn't want to appear ignorant.

The rules get me excited for BB12 only a couple months away now! Somehow these rules appear stricter than the old rules. Let me just say "fuck" so I can demonstrate that the rules aren't so bad. lol

If I could add one critique, I would say I don't like the word "positive" in the rules. I am not sure if you could replace that with another word?
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator
Nancy AABB Admin

PostSubject: Re: Posted updated Rules   April 19th 2010, 6:48 am

Moody wrote:
Remember when you were accused of running AABB like a communist nation? Wouldn't that mean that all citizens/posters would be treated equally? I never understood that dig taken at AABB because I always understood communism to mean all people are treated equally... but to an extreme. I was always embarrassed to asked because I didn't want to appear ignorant.

The rules get me excited for BB12 only a couple months away now! Somehow these rules appear stricter than the old rules. Let me just say "fuck" so I can demonstrate that the rules aren't so bad. lol

If I could add one critique, I would say I don't like the word "positive" in the rules. I am not sure if you could replace that with another word?

Not exactly Moody.

Communism can be summed up with "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need"
The term was used stupidly by someone to mean a dictatorship, I believe.

Too many people don't even know the difference between Communism and Fascism... assuming they are the same thing when they are actually polar opposites. Anyway, the critique was about this being a dictatorship, and in a sense that is right.
But no more so than when you go into someone's house. You would try to be polite, and adhere to the desires of your host or hostess. If the host wants you to remove your shoes, you have two choices..do it and enter the home, or resist, complain, and leave. Hopefully those people who removed their shoes will be shown a good time by their host!
Smile

The rules are not stricter. They are exactly the same as before only put in one post, instead of spread out over a long thread.

The word positive will stay. All it means is being a good member, even if you like to stir things up a little. LOL
Back to top Go down
luvmynewf
Head of Household
Head of Household
luvmynewf

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2009-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Posted updated Rules   April 19th 2010, 7:00 am

I hate to admit it but, I never read the rules until now. They seem pretty simple though. Just bring your common sense and manners.

All Star
All Star
FRANGA

Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Posted updated Rules   April 19th 2010, 9:12 am

Good job Nancy! It all boils down to the golden rule,doesn't it?

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
jfan

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Posted updated Rules   April 19th 2010, 11:09 am

Moody wrote:

ETA: I did not see Nancy's post when I answered. She said it much more clearly.

Lots of people confuse communism and facism. I suspect those making accusations against Nancy really meant facist.

"Communism" in the Marxian sense refers to an oppression-free society where all government decisions are made democratically, allowing every member of society to participate in the decision making process in both the political and economic spheres of life. In fairness, communism in practice tends to be oppressive because operationally it has evolved to a centrally planned economy which many people need to be coerced to accept. And of course, power corrupts.

But since Nancy does not run a government or economy, the theoretical defination is the appropriate one - and the critics were surely not complaing about being able to say anything they want ,whenever they want, however they want. Communist was not the correct insult.

Fascism is a political ideology that is authoritarian. Fascist governments forbid and suppress openness and opposition to the fascist state and the fascist movement. Surely that is what Nancy's critics meant -

however irrelevant the insult is because not every group, club, organization, or forum in this world is required to a democracy.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
blueeyed

Number of posts : 3142
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Posted updated Rules   April 19th 2010, 12:03 pm

Ok, so I have a really stupid quesiton. This is the only Board that I have reguarly posted on so I feel somewhat comfortable with this question. What is a troll?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/blueeyed100
Moody
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Posted updated Rules   April 19th 2010, 12:03 pm

blueeyed wrote:
Ok, so I have a really stupid quesiton. This is the only Board that I have reguarly posted on so I feel somewhat comfortable with this question. What is a troll?

LMAO Someone that only post to stir up trouble.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator
Nancy AABB Admin

PostSubject: Re: Posted updated Rules   April 19th 2010, 12:06 pm

blueeyed wrote:

When someone signs up for a discussion board and there only purpose is to cause disruption.
I used this example here a few years ago. Let's say you have a vegetarian board and someone comes in and posts: I love meat.
Then they post pictures of steaks and recipes for meatloaf. That is a troll.
Back to top Go down
Hope
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
Hope

Number of posts : 5290
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Posted updated Rules   April 19th 2010, 12:14 pm

LOL----Thanks Blueeyed. I was wanting to ask the same thing. Though, I could think of more colorful names than troll.
Back to top Go down
Moody
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Posted updated Rules   April 19th 2010, 12:17 pm

Iago was a troll. The person that wrote the DUT letter.
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5739
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Posted updated Rules   April 19th 2010, 12:23 pm

Hope wrote:
LOL----Thanks Blueeyed. I was wanting to ask the same thing. Though, I could think of more colorful names than troll.

I didn't know either. just knew it was something bad.
Back to top Go down
Moody
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Posted updated Rules   April 19th 2010, 12:28 pm

This is what they look like.
Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
blueeyed

Number of posts : 3142
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Posted updated Rules   April 19th 2010, 1:31 pm

Thanks everyone, it is what I thought but wanted to make sure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/blueeyed100
FRANGA
All Star
All Star
FRANGA

Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Posted updated Rules   April 19th 2010, 2:41 pm

Moody...Well they stir up the same emotions thats for sure!blech!!

PostSubject: Re: Posted updated Rules   

Back to top Go down

Posted updated Rules
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: About this site-
Jump to: