Go down 
AuthorMessage
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: ACM Awards tonight   April 18th 2010, 3:47 pm

Don't know if anybody else will be watching, but I plan on it, at least for awhile. I thought this tweet from Taylor Swift was funny today - guess they will both be there tonight:

taylorswift13 I just drove past Brad Paisley jogging down the side of the road. I rolled down the window and screamed RUN FORREST RUN.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   April 18th 2010, 7:06 pm

Could Carrie Underwood's dress from the opening song have been any shorter?? She's got the gams to pull it off though, that's for sure!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8223
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   April 18th 2010, 7:40 pm

I think they were shorts underneath, but I could be wrong.

Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   April 18th 2010, 7:44 pm

Sun, 18 April 2010

Nicole Kidman: ACM Awards with Keith Urban!

Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban match their black-and-white outfits for the orange carpet at the 2010 ACM Awards at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Sunday (April 18) in Las Vegas, Nevada.

This year, Keith up for Entertainer of the Year against Kenny Chesney, Toby Keith, Brad Paisley, George Strait, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, and the Zac Brown Band. He’s also up for Top Male Vocalist of the Year.

10+ pictures inside of Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban at the ACM Awards.. More Here! »

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/#ixzz0lVDAVKO4

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   April 18th 2010, 7:44 pm

Laura Bell Bundy - ACM Awards 2010 Red Carpet

Laura Bell Bundy shows off a bit of leg at the 2010 ACM Awards at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Sunday (April 18) in Las Vegas, Nevada.

During the ceremony, the 28-year-old blonde beauty will be performing her hit song “Giddy On Up.” You can tune into the show NOW on CBS.

Earlier today, LBB tweeted, “I am so freaking excited about tonight! I will be thinking of all of you when I do my cooter slam! Wish you were here mom!”

Laura Bell’s album, Achin’ and Shakin’, is in stores TODAY. Watch her promo video below!

FYI: LBB is wearing a Tony Ward dress, Jimmy Choo shoes, a Sutra ring and Le Vian bracelets.

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/#ixzz0lVDG5yop

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/#ixzz0lVDGClmN

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   April 18th 2010, 7:46 pm

Jewel Glams Up the Academy of Country Music Awards
[url=http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/academy-country-music-awards-2010/jewel-glams-academy-country-music-awards-350859][/url]

She’s no stranger to the red carpet, and earlier tonight (April 18) Jewel was in the house for the 45th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards.
The “Who Will Save Your Soul” songstress was all smiles as she posed in the arrivals area, sporting a fun and flirty halter-style lilac-colored dress with chandelier earrings.

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   April 18th 2010, 7:48 pm

Faith Hill and Tim McGraw: Country Music Awards Lovers
[url=http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/academy-country-music-awards-2010/faith-hill-and-tim-mcgraw-country-music-awards-lovers-350854][/url]

Taking an evening off from their parental duties, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw were spotted arriving at the 45th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards tonight (April 18).
The superstar country couple looked lovely as they posed for the paparazzi, with Faith donning a white dress while Tim sported a black leather jacket/hat combo and jeans.

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Taylor Swift Hits the 2010 ACM Awards Orange Carpet
[url=http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/taylor-swift/taylor-swift-hits-2010-acm-awards-orange-carpet-350845][/url]

Geared up for a big evening in Sin City, Taylor Swift was on-hand for the 45th annual Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada on Sunday night (April 18).
The "Love Story" singer looked darling as she strutted along the orange carpet to the cheers of her faithful fanbase lining the arrivals area.

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian: 2010 ACM Awards Lovers
[url=http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/leann-rimes/leann-rimes-and-eddie-cibrian-2010-acm-awards-lovers-350828][/url]

Ready for a fun-filled evening, LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian were among the stars on-hand for the 45th annual Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada on Sunday night (April 18).
The "Can't Fight the Moonlight" crooner and her "CSI: Miami" beau turned heads while making their grand arrival ahead of the musical showcase.

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   April 18th 2010, 7:49 pm

Carrie Underwood Gears Up for the 2010 ACM Awards
[url=http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/carrie-underwood/carrie-underwood-gears-2010-acm-awards-350812][/url]

One of the evening's top nominees, Carrie Underwood was all smiles at the 45th annual Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada on Sunday night (April 18).
The "Before He Cheats" babe looked darling as she posing for pictures before heading inside for the swanky ceremony.

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   April 18th 2010, 7:50 pm

Julianne Hough: 2010 ACM Awards Adorable
[url=http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/julianne-hough/julianne-hough-2010-acm-awards-adorable-350804][/url]

Always looking fabulous, Julianne Hough showed up for the 45th annual Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada on Sunday night (April 18).
The former "Dancing with the Stars" contestant dazzled in a fancy frock while strutting down the orange carpet and inside for the country music ceremony.

Back to top Go down
BlueBonnet
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   April 18th 2010, 8:32 pm

You can still vote for what song Brooks and Dunn sings and Entertainer of the Year.

http://www.cbs.com/specials/acma/vote/

I voted for You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone and George Strait.

Gotta give it up for George.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   April 18th 2010, 8:34 pm

Probably, lovin - she looked great! Was Miranda Lambert winning "Album of the Year" a surprise to anyone else? Thanks, Happy, for all the media scoop!! Bluebonnet, I thought "You're Gonna Miss Me" might be the final choice because it's appropriate for tonight. I'm gonna go vote now.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   April 18th 2010, 9:20 pm

Great show tonight. Love me some Reba dance
Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3491
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   April 18th 2010, 9:27 pm

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
Taylor Swift Hits the 2010 ACM Awards Orange Carpet
[url=http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/taylor-swift/taylor-swift-hits-2010-acm-awards-orange-carpet-350845][/url]

Geared up for a big evening in Sin City, Taylor Swift was on-hand for the 45th annual Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada on Sunday night (April 18).
The "Love Story" singer looked darling as she strutted along the orange carpet to the cheers of her faithful fanbase lining the arrivals area.

That's a long arm!

She's such a sweetheart, though - always so good to her fans!
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   April 18th 2010, 10:02 pm

gluedtothepc wrote:
Probably, lovin - she looked great! Was Miranda Lambert winning "Album of the Year" a surprise to anyone else? Thanks, Happy, for all the media scoop!! Bluebonnet, I thought "You're Gonna Miss Me" might be the final choice because it's appropriate for tonight. I'm gonna go vote now.

I was quite shocked that Miranda Lambert won....all of her songs have a scorned vibe to them. LOL. I think they could have picked a few other songs by Brooks and Dunn to sing than the 3 they picked, they have TONS of great ones and those ones aren't my favs. I love Carrie Underwood so I'm super excited she won Entertainer of the Year again!!!!

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2442
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   April 18th 2010, 10:13 pm

Yeah Carrie.....she so deserves it.I thought she got rob on a couple of the others.Thank god Taylor didn't get it all.I like her but,she should give up signing
and just write.Her voice is not that great.I think she does write great songs though.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   April 18th 2010, 10:35 pm

Top cat wrote:
Yeah Carrie.....she so deserves it.I thought she got rob on a couple of the others.Thank god Taylor didn't get it all.I like her but,she should give up signing
and just write.Her voice is not that great.I think she does write great songs though.

You know I like Taylor Swift, but she doesn't have that strong voice to do live shows IMO! You can barely hear her if the crowd gets to screaming. I like her music and her voice just not live.

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   April 18th 2010, 10:45 pm

I added some Carrie photos and video in her thread Smile!

Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   April 18th 2010, 10:47 pm

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:

I'll ask here to, why did Matthew McConaughey give her those boots? I missed it because I was on the phone. TIA

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   April 18th 2010, 10:56 pm

lovin wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:

I'll ask here to, why did Matthew McConaughey give her those boots? I missed it because I was on the phone. TIA

I believe it was a joke Carrie made about Matthew's boots at last year at the ACM's so he gave her these.

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   April 18th 2010, 10:57 pm

Academy of Country Music review: Lady Antebellum sweeps, Taylor Swift crowd-surfs (sort of), Brooks and Dunn split up (but no one hears it)

by Ken Tucker
Categories: In the News, Music, TV Review, Television

It was a good night for you if you like Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, and exposed midriffs. Not so great if you wanted to actually hear Brooks and Dunn sing. That’s the thing about the Academy of Country Music Awards show, held in Las Vegas on Sunday: It’s frequently more loose and surprising than the other awards show, from the Country Music Association.
The country music industry may block Reba McEntire from extensive radio play these days because she’s not young enough (ageism thrives in country as much as it does in other pop genres), but it can’t deny her superior ability to read cue-card jokes with a naturalism that make the yuks seem off-the-cuff. Thus she’s always an excellent awards host; she kept the proceedings moving quickly. In that spirit, I’ll bestow some quick awards myself.
MOST DESERVED WINNERS Miranda Lambert for top female vocalist (everything at the ACMs was “tops”) and Brad Paisley for top male vocalist. Both of them are examples of soulful vocalists lacking any mannerisms or excessive emoting. (I was thrilled that Lambert’s Revolution also won top album.)
BIGGEST WINNER Lady Antebellum won single of the year, song of the year, and top vocal group. Congrats them; perfectly good group. Not exciting to me, but if we’re going to have a new-ish group that’s going to start winning everything in sight for years to come, it’s better that Lady Antebellum now replaces the hideously mediocre, long-running Rascal Flatts.
BEST PERFORMANCE BY A NEW ARTIST A prediction: I think Laura Bell Bundy is going to be one of the most divisive big-new-stars in country music. Purists are going to hold her previous career — Broadway lead in shows like Wicked and Legally Blonde — against her, while her younger fan-base will think it’s cool that she can execute such impeccable choreography as she did this night, sing strongly while wiggling, and fearlessly expose her midriff. (The country audience likes its new artists to be demure before they go sexy — cf. Carrie Underwood.) Anyway, Bundy performing “Giddy On Up” was one of the real hoots of the evening.
WORST NEW AWARDS TREND I’d never say anything against democracy, especially in a country-music review, but… well, the ACMs were democracy run amock this year. Expanding the Entertainer of the Year category to eight nominees and then asking fans, rather than industry peers, to text in a winner? No wonder George Strait stayed home this year; his fan base doesn’t know from texting.
Even sillier: Brooks and Dunn, who apparently can’t split up fast enough even though they keep giving “final” performances (as in tonight’s “final Academy of Country Music performance as a duo”), asked their fans to vote for which song they’d sing. So you know the tune really meant a lot to them. And it turned out to be “My Maria.” Which was sung better by writer B.W. Stevenson the first time it was a hit, in 1973. And Ronnie Brooks’ microphone didn’t kick in til about half-way through the performance. Sheesh.
WORST STUNT I’m tempted to say it was Entertainer of the Year Carrie Underwood’s gigantic dress, under which she could have hidden the entire state of Rhode Island. But I’ll have to go with Taylor Swift’s three-part production: First, suspended over the crowd in a white gown. Next: busting out of the dress to reveal… black pants. Finally, Taylor spreads her arms and swam dives into the audience. By which I mean, she lands in the pre-rehearsed arms of four guys in her retinue. Sorry, I really like Swift, but this does not qualify as crowd-surfing, in my book. Poor kid was shut out of any major award this evening, too. Oh well, she’s already got a slew of trophies and more hit singles than many veteran stars.
BEST PERFORMANCE Brad Paisley executing an intricate guitar solo while walking through the crowd on “Water,” then falling into a tub of water: Corny but fun. Hey, it’s country music: corny-but-fun is an aesthetic principle. Second-best: Jack Ingram, with strong back-up by Dierks Bentley, on “Barbie Doll.” Snicker if you must, but it’s a catchy-good song, their vocals were strong, and they looked like they were having a really good time.
What were your favorites? Your least-favorites?

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   April 18th 2010, 10:58 pm

Academy of Country Music: And the winners are...

by Kate Ward
Categories: Academy of Country Music Awards, Country, Y'all!

ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR
Kenny Chesney
Toby Keith
Brad Paisley
George Strait
Taylor Swift
WINNER: Carrie Underwood
Keith Urban
Zac Brown Band

TOP MALE VOCALIST
Kenny Chesney
WINNER: Brad Paisley
Darius Rucker
George Strait
Keith Urban

TOP FEMALE VOCALIST
WINNER: Miranda Lambert
Reba McEntire
Taylor Swift
Carrie Underwood
Lee Ann Womack
TOP VOCAL GROUP
WINNER: Lady Antebellum
Little Big Town
Randy Rogers Band
Rascal Flatts
Zac Brown Band
TOP VOCAL DUO
Brooks & Dunn
Joey + Rory
Montgomery Gentry
Steel Magnolia
Sugarland
TOP NEW SOLO VOCALIST
WINNER: Luke Bryan
Jamey Johnson
Chris Young
TOP NEW VOCAL DUO
Bomshel
WINNER: Joey + Rory
Steel Magnolia
BEST NEW ARTIST
Winner: Luke Bryan
TOP NEW VOCAL GROUP
Eli Young Band
WINNER: Gloriana
The Lost Trailers
ALBUM OF THE YEAR [Awarded to Artist(s)/Producer(s)/Record Company(s)]

American Saturday Night – Brad Paisley (Arista Nashville)
Produced by: Chris DuBois, Frank Rogers
Lady Antebellum – Lady Antebellum (Capitol Records Nashville)
Produced by: Victoria Shaw, Paul Worley

Play On – Carrie Underwood (19/Arista Nashville)
Produced by: Mark Bright
“Quitter” Produced by Max Martin & Shellback for Maratone Productions and Mark Bright
WINNER: Revolution – Miranda Lambert (Columbia Nashville)
Produced by: Frank Liddell, Mike Wrucke

The Foundation – Zac Brown Band (Southern Ground / Bigger Picture / Atlantic)
Produced by: Keith Stegall, Zac Brown
SINGLE OF THE YEAR [Awarded to Artist(s)/Producer(s)/Record Company(s)]

WINNER: Need You Now – Lady Antebellum (Capitol Records Nashville)
Produced by: Lady Antebellum, Paul Worley

People Are Crazy – Billy Currington (Mercury)
Produced by: Carson Chamberlain, Billy Currington
Red Light – David Nail (MCA Nashville)
Toes – Zac Brown Band (Southern Ground / Bigger Picture / Atlantic)
Produced by: Keith Stegall, Zac Brown
White Liar – Miranda Lambert (Columbia Nashville)
SONG OF THE YEAR [Awarded to Composer(s)/Publisher(s)/Artist(s)]
Cowboy Casanova – Carrie Underwood
Composers: Mike Elizondo, Brett James, Carrie Underwood
Publishers: Brett James Cornelius Music (ASCAP), Carrie Okie Music (BMI), Rincon Ave Music (ASCAP), Stage Three Songs (ASCAP)

WINNER: Need You Now – Lady Antebellum
Composers: Dave Haywood, Josh Kear, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott
Publishers: EMI Foray Music (SESAC), Darth Buddha (ASCAP), Dwhaywood Music (BMI), Hillary Dawn Publishing (SESAC), Radiobullets Publishing (BMI), Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp. (BMI), Year Of The Dog Music (ASCAP)

People Are Crazy – Billy Currington
Composers: Bobby Braddock, Troy Jones
Publishers: Crozier Music Enterprises LLC (BMI), Sony/ATV Tree Publishing (BMI), Tiltawhirl Music (BMI)
White Liar – Miranda Lambert
Composers: Natalie Hemby, Miranda Lambert
Publishers: Pink Dog Publishing (BMI), Sony/ATV Tree Publishing (BMI), Tiltawhirl Music (BMI)
You Belong With Me – Taylor Swift
Composers: Liz Rose, Taylor Swift
Publishers: Sony/ATV Tree Publishing (BMI), Taylor Swift Music (BMI), Barbara Orbison World Publishing (SESAC), Potting Shed Music (SESAC)
More on the ACM Awards:

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   April 18th 2010, 11:05 pm

Sun, 18 April 2010

Taylor Swift - ACM Awards 2010 Performance!

Taylor Swift is pretty in purple on the orange carpet at the 2010 ACM Awards at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Sunday (April 18) in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The 20-year-old country cutie wore a wisteria Marchesa chiffon embroidered draped gown. She finished off her look with Christian Louboutin shoes and Neil Lane jewels.

Taylor performed her hit song “Change” with UCSD’s a cappella group, The Tritones. Halfway through the song, she ripped off her Carmen Marc Valvo dress and revealed a Charley 5.0 bustier, Hudson jean leggings and Everybody boots.

Yesterday, Taylor tweeted, “I just drove past Brad Paisley jogging down the side of the road. I rolled down the window and screamed RUN FORREST RUN. I live for little moments like that.”

20+ pictures inside of Taylor Swift at the 2010 ACM Awards… More Here! »

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/#ixzz0lW1qds8c

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   April 18th 2010, 11:15 pm

Sun, 18 April 2010

LeAnn Rimes: ACM Awards with Eddie Cibrian!

Eddie Cibrian comes out to support his girlfriend LeAnn Rimes on the orange carpet at the 2010 ACM Awards at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Sunday (April 18) in Las Vegas, Nevada.

LeAnn, 27, wore a gorgeous Lanvin dress, Stella McCartney shoes and a Jimmy Choo clutch. She sparkled in Neil Lane jewels — white topaz and gold drop earrings and a large topaz and gold cocktail ring.

15+ pictures inside of LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian at the ACM Awards… More Here! »

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/#ixzz0lW49IsJi

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   April 18th 2010, 11:24 pm

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   April 18th 2010, 11:27 pm

Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   April 19th 2010, 6:41 am

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:

This dress is pretty except for the top, I hate that extra crap there. Oh and her boobs were extremely smoooshed.

PostSubject: Re: ACM Awards tonight   

Back to top Go down

ACM Awards tonight
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Entertainment :: Music-
Jump to: