Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Moody
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 21st 2009, 3:40 pm

Did anybody see this? Adam in the musical "Ten Commandments" singing "Is anybody Listening?" Adam plays the role of Joshua.

Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6548
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 21st 2009, 3:51 pm

I really enjoyed that. I think I'm going to order that. Thanks Moody!
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4483
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 21st 2009, 3:55 pm

Moody wrote:
Did anybody see this? Adam in the musical "Ten Commandments" singing "Is anybody Listening?" Adam plays the role of Joshua.

My daughter told me about this and was wondering why there might have been a religious backlash against him when he plays Joshua in a religious musical, for goodness sake (and sounds great in it). I told her that I hoped the religious backlash thing had not occurred and was just talk. Adam seems like a genuinely nice young man, as does Kris, and I still believe he will be a real winner. I could actually see him starring in a Las Vegas extravaganza, on Broadway, fronting a band, and/or going it alone making great music. I could easily have seen him as the phantom in Phantom of the Opera. The guy can sing. I think he was one of the biggest draws to AI this year and it would have been a much less interesting show without him.

However, when I put my stamp of approval on someone, they are most often doomed.

Has Simon Cowell spoken out about this yet?

Administrator

Number of posts : 35562
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 21st 2009, 4:00 pm

http://www.adamofficial.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 21st 2009, 4:24 pm

I'm a card carrying member lol
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 21st 2009, 4:36 pm

Simon.. snarky as ever
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/simon-cowell-still-skeptical-of-new-american-idol-winner-kris-allen-9017.php
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 21st 2009, 4:38 pm

Adam Lambert wants to build bridges with his music
May 21, 2:22 PM

Adam Lambert smiles at the press despite losing the Idol title
Adam Lambert’s loss to Kris Allen earlier this evening came as a big shock to many. However, shortly after the announcement, Adam didn’t seem at all bothered.

“What a night, right?” he asked the press as he entered the room to applause. “I got to sing with Queen and Kiss. I mean, first or second, it doesn’t matter to me.”

When asked about Paula and the other judges, Adam had nothing but good things to say. “They’re all really supportive. (It’s been) nothing but positive support, and that’s what’s been so great about this whole experience, is that it’s been a really encouraging environment. I never felt like anyone was like, ‘Well, you can’t do that, and you can’t sing that, and you can’t say that, and you can’t wear that.’ They’ve always been like, ‘Run with it Adam, do your own thing.’ So it’s been really cool.”

He went on to comment on how he felt about the competition. He stated, “Well, you know, I knew it was gonna be a close race. I think Kris is really talented, and he’s a good person, so to me it was like, okay, we knew it was gonna be close, whatever happens happens. We’ve made it this far. We got to do a really cool finale, and we’re both gonna get to do great things now in the future. For me, it’s not really about what happened tonight, it’s about tomorrow. It’s about next.”

And what is next for Adam Lambert? “You know, I know that we’re gonna start working on some music right away, and that’s what I can’t wait to do, collaborate, to write, to co-write, to create visuals that go along with the music, too, I think that’s gonna be really exciting.” Does he anticipate working with Allison Iraheta again after their fabulous duet together? “I love Allison, yea, we’ll see. That would be really cool, really cool.”

Now that part of Adam’s dream has come true, he has some new dreams to share. “My dream now is to make a really dope record. To do something new, push the boundaries, push people’s buttons, open people’s minds up a little bit.” He really ran with this idea of opening up people’s minds to what’s different. “What’s really, really, really cool about me and Kris being in the finals tonight is that we are seemingly so different but we found a way to get along and find a common bond, mostly through music, but also just through talking and getting to know each other. And if there’s anything that can come from this experience that I hope all the fans can take out is that even if you’re really different, there’s a way to get along with each other. And it’s not about you beat me because of this or you’re different. It’s about finding the common stuff that makes it work. We got up there and did the Queen duet and we made it work because we found a common ground with each other. And, like, if there’s anything that we can take away from this, it’s like to bring you guys together was what our goal was, not separate you.”

In the end, Adam didn’t seem to mind coming in second to Kris. “I think that Kris won because he’s a great artist, you know, and I was happy to be a runner up to that,” he smiled. Why would he mind? He’s definitely just begun what is sure to be a very, very successful career, American Idol title or not.
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22967

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 21st 2009, 4:39 pm

Adam's a really nice guy.
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25137

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 21st 2009, 4:46 pm

Sounds like Simon think the voters "are pieces of shit" as April would say. What do WE know? lol!
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4483

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 21st 2009, 4:52 pm

I think Adam sees himself now as free to do what he wants in relation to his music, which he may not have been able to do if he had won.

Adam is doing a text chat right now.

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 21st 2009, 5:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 21st 2009, 5:52 pm

bow down bow down bow down bow down
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 21st 2009, 6:29 pm

Maybe Simon and Ryan shouldn't be biting the hands that feed them!?
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16475

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 21st 2009, 6:34 pm

thatgirl wrote:
I agree - if the premise of the show was exactly the same but with no fan input, just the judges making the decisions every week, I don't think the show would have attained nearly the popularity that it has. The audience likes to be involved - the audience is exactly who has made them millions and millions of dollars. If Simon is over the whole thing, he should bow out. Adam is an amazing singer and I don't think coming second on AI will hurt his career at all.
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25137

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 21st 2009, 7:26 pm

Simon and his ilk need to grow up. Adam isn't complaining, he will have a great career.
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 15078
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 21st 2009, 8:27 pm

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/05/adam-lambert-qa.html

Adam Lambert after the 'American Idol' finale: 'I'm really happy for Kris'

by Adam B. Vary

Adam Lambert looked the picture of contented calm after coming in second to presumed underdog Kris Allen during last night's two-hour American Idol finale, although that could've just been due to the scant five hours of sleep he'd had the night before. The guy's been, in a word, busy. (One example: Before he talked to EW one-on-one in the post-show "Winner's Walk," he was waylaid by judge Paula Abdul, who couldn't wait another second to give Lambert some pricey looking jewelry, as well as a big hug and several cheek kisses, as her parting gift.) Lambert was so busy, in fact, he was only able to speak with EW briefly before he was moved along to the next step in his long post-Idol PR parade, so be sure to check back at EW.com next week for Lambert's interview with a fuchsia-haired Michael Slezak on what is sure to be one of the best Idolatrys of the season.
Lambert did have time, however, to gush about getting to rock out with Queen and KISS, sing the praises of his competition, and address in his own way The Question that's been on many people's minds all season.
I want to just get this question out of the way first, something that's been dangling a bit over you for the whole season: Would you like to put to rest all the speculation about your sexuality?
It's not dangling over my head. [Laughing] It may be dangling over yours, but it's not over mine. Yeah, I think speculation keeps things really interesting.
So you don't want to say anything one way or the other?
Like I said, I think speculation keeps things very, very interesting. [Laughs]

All right. What was it like singing with Queen and KISS tonight?

Oh my god, what an honor. Queen is like one of my all time favorite rock bands, and then to be up on stage with KISS with the pyro and the costumes -- I mean, it was a dream come true. It was awesome.
addCredit("Ray Mickshaw/American Idol/Getty Images")

You were called a front-runner from the very beginning. Did you feel that pressure?
I didn't feel it as pressure. I felt it as support. I felt like they were very encouraging early on, and that really helped me feel like I could take the risks that I took, you know? Had it not been for that support, I probably wouldn't have done as well in the competition.
Your friendship with Kris has been pretty amazing to watch. On paper, you don't necessarily have a lot in common. What brought you guys together?
Yeah. We were roommates, so we were kind of thrown in together, and he's just like a really open-minded, good person. He's got a great view of the world. We share a lot of philosophies on the world, even though we have different backgrounds. You know, I've learned a lot about his relationship with his wife. She's great. We've hung out. He's just a good guy, you know?
So you're happy he won?
I'm so happy for him. He deserves it. He's so talented, and he's a good person.
Back to top Go down
LuvTV

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 21st 2009, 9:05 pm

What a great idea to have an Adam thread. Thanks for the youtube of the musical. Now I've got my Adam fix for the day although I might just go check out some more.
He is such a sweet, sincere guy.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 21st 2009, 9:19 pm

LuvTV wrote:
What a great idea to have an Adam thread. Thanks for the youtube of the musical. Now I've got my Adam fix for the day although I might just go check out some more.
He is such a sweet, sincere guy.

You're welcome.
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 21st 2009, 10:18 pm

I have grown to like him more and more.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 22nd 2009, 1:16 am

Adam <33333
He got majorly robbed =/

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 22nd 2009, 1:25 am

DannyBoy wrote:
Adam <33333
He got majorly robbed =/

I thought you didn't watch AI? Wink Oh and I was rooting for the other guy :queen:
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 22nd 2009, 1:33 am

I don't.... only seen some vids on youtube that I was linked to.. and watched the last 15 mins of the show last night, right before Queen came on...gross btw, have always hated that overrated band.

Some of my friends who watch that show were rooting for Adam, so I wanted him to win so they'd be happy... also because the religious right-wing loons were rooting for Kris because he's Christian and Adam is gay... it became a "culture wars" thing to some in the conservative media Rolling Eyes

They'll both be successful... great looking guys.

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 22nd 2009, 2:17 am

DannyBoy wrote:
I don't.... only seen some vids on youtube that I was linked to.. and watched the last 15 mins of the show last night, right before Queen came on...gross btw, have always hated that overrated band.

Some of my friends who watch that show were rooting for Adam, so I wanted him to win so they'd be happy... also because the religious right-wing loons were rooting for Kris because he's Christian and Adam is gay... it became a "culture wars" thing to some in the conservative media Rolling Eyes

Gotcha Smile I didn't like the religious stuff either.
Back to top Go down
was
Man Candy

Number of posts : 3062
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 22nd 2009, 6:49 am

thatgirl wrote:
How does Simon know this was an upset? He has said a thousand times the judges do not know the weekly vote numbers.

In season two, the judges (and the media) clamed their guy "The Velvet Teddybear" Ruuuuuuben was the front runner, the one to beat and had only landed in the bottom two one week because everyone KNEW he was so safe, that no one bothered to vote.

When in fact Simon Fuller revealed several years later the Clay Aiken had won most weeks (some by huge margins) and Ruben had only picked off enough of "Kim Locke" votes to barely win the final week. (You only need to win the final week to win the show)
Fuller also wrote that Clay had received far more votes over the course of the season than Ruben.
He assumes Adam was the front runner all year...was he?
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 22nd 2009, 6:55 am

Good point was ..... I think all the judges should refrain from commenting on the voters or the voting process.
I wonder what the margin of difference was between the voting totals for Adam and Khris this week? I think in past years Ryan has commented on that during the finale but I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
was
Man Candy

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 22nd 2009, 7:18 am

I agree with you Cuz, Simon could learn a lesson from Adam and let Kris have his win!

I was a little slow warming up to Adam's style (Do NOT mess with the man in black's songs...lol) but came to really enjoy his angle on a song and voted for him to win. I STILL think Allison should have won LOL.
Reading Adam's exit interviews he seems like a very smart guy and a cool kid.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 22nd 2009, 7:28 am

Yup .... I think this year's group was very talented. I think Adam, Kris, Danny, Allison and Matt will all have great careers in music as long as they realize that when talent meets opportunity, you have to add hard work to achieve lasting success. (and I think most of them appear grounded enough to avoid the pitfalls of instant celebrity and adulation - as hard as that might be)
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 22nd 2009, 7:41 am

Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 22nd 2009, 7:41 am

Back to top Go down
was
Man Candy

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 22nd 2009, 7:48 am

AWESOME Mrs C!!!!!!!!! LMAO
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 22nd 2009, 8:09 am

lol
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 22nd 2009, 8:30 am

OMG That guy really got me giggling and I can't stoppppppp...He sounds like the Wicked Witch of the East/West...I'm melllllllllllllllllllllllllllting lmao

Thanks Mrs. C!
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 22nd 2009, 8:33 am

DannyBoy wrote:
Queen came on...gross btw, have always hated that overrated band.

Queen and over-rated band?? You have got to be kidding me, and I thought you had good taste in musics (Morrissey)!!!

I loved Adam, but I must admit that the "culture war" was the reason I was so upset about his defeat that night. I am over it now though.

Not called Moody for nothing. Cool
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 22nd 2009, 8:38 am

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO I don't think I have ever laughed so hard from a post Mrs. C. That was EXACTLY my guttural "NOOOOOOOO" that traumatized my kids and dog. Thank God my husband isn't here, I think mine was a bit louder and there was the punching of the bed.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

MORE!!!!
Back to top Go down
marylou2
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1344

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 22nd 2009, 8:44 am

lol! Those are great!!! Too funny!
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 22nd 2009, 8:44 am

Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 22nd 2009, 8:47 am

LMAO LMAO happy dance 2 tens That was me. Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 22nd 2009, 8:48 am

I have been laughing for 10 minutes straight now. I think I can skip therapy today. lol!
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 22nd 2009, 8:50 am

Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   May 22nd 2009, 9:59 am

A tweet from Access Hollywood:

Clay Aiken On 'Idol' Runner-Up Adam Lambert: 'Thought My Ears Would Bleed - Contrived, Awful, And Slightly Frightening!'

http://www.accesshollywood.com/clay-aiken-on-idol-runner-up-adam-lambert-thought-my-ears-would-bleed-contrived-awful-and-slightly-frightening_article_18323
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Thread - I need one   

Back to top Go down

Adam Lambert Thread - I need one
Page 1 of 24Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Entertainment :: Music-
Jump to: