Back to top Go down
Mappy
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 21st 2009, 7:26 am

Thanks Moody! Cheers happy dance 2

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother/a154991/celeb-lookalikes-make-bb-shortlist.html

Celeb lookalikes 'make BB shortlist'

Big Brother producers have recruited a string of celebrity lookalikes for the forthcoming tenth series, according to a report.

Dead ringers for Kate Moss, Lily Allen, Jimmy Carr and Prince Harry have all made it to the final shortlist and look likely to enter the house in June, the Daily Star claims.

The show's team are also reportedly banking on an unknown Welsh stripper to create controversy throughout the summer.

A source revealed: "One of the team saw her in a lapdancing club. She's a vile character who'll sleep with any man, but she is game for a laugh, confident and a looker."

The rumours follow recent claims that 'Serial WAG' Jill Demirel, 29, impressed producers at an invites-only audition.

Big Brother 10 is expected to kick off on June 3.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 21st 2009, 7:28 am

'Serial WAG' tipped for Big Brother

Big Brother chiefs are considering putting a "serial WAG" in the house this summer, a report claims.

According to the Daily Star, 29-year-old Jill Demirel attended an invites-only audition for the Channel 4 reality series in February. She is now said to be on the final shortlist for the forthcoming tenth series.

Demirel has been linked to Middlesbrough's Justin Hoyte and Spurs player Tom Huddlestone in the past. It is believed that the aspiring model has also been involved in relationships with other soccer stars that she has yet to reveal.

A source explained: "She's got plenty of tales about footballers that they'd find really embarrassing. She's been with a couple of them and doesn't care who knows.

"They can't stay away from her, even though she's a notorious kiss-and-tell girl. You can see why BB is interested."

Big Brother 10 launches on June 3 on Channel 4.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 21st 2009, 7:34 am

https://www.youtube.com/BigBrothersAudition

http://twitter.com/bbuk10

http://twitter.com/BB10UK

http://twitter.com/OfficialBB

I don't know if any of these are 'official'... if they use that word, they usually are not lol
Back to top Go down
Moody
Moody

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 21st 2009, 9:30 am

This sounds like it will be a scandalous season!
Back to top Go down
Granny
All Star
All Star
Granny

Number of posts : 1051
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 21st 2009, 12:16 pm

Bringing this link to this thread also. This guy lives in the Uk....he is the one running the re-runs of all seasons of BBUS. He will be showing all programs on this site.

http://www.justin.tv/bigbrother10uk

Moody
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 21st 2009, 12:45 pm

Granny wrote:
Bringing this link to this thread also. This guy lives in the Uk....he is the one running the re-runs of all seasons of BBUS. He will be showing all programs on this site.

http://www.justin.tv/bigbrother10uk

Ok, great.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 21st 2009, 2:00 pm

Thanks Granny. I kinda sorta deleted just about everything to do with UK after the last go-round. You're an angel Smile
Back to top Go down
Jack'd
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 21st 2009, 5:47 pm

Thanks Mood, Mappy & Granny. I'm excited for the new season and for my Summer British accent lol!
Back to top Go down
KelliM
All Star
All Star
KelliM

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 21st 2009, 10:39 pm

I loveeee BBUK!! I'm currently rewatching Season 5 lol.

I'm really looking forward to ths season. Sounds like it's gonna be a good one. boob shake
Back to top Go down
oneforthefrog
Head of Household
Head of Household
oneforthefrog

Number of posts : 555
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 22nd 2009, 6:29 am

I just want the producers to stop interfering too much. My favourite was first out last year because of a stupid "secret mission" they gave her in the first week. There's no live feed again this year, so they're free to edit the highlights in favour of whoever they want to keep in. Most fervent BBUK fans are seriously fed up with the Endemol/Channel 4 shenanigans and don't hold out much hope for this season.

Moody

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 22nd 2009, 7:58 am

oneforthefrog wrote:
I just want the producers to stop interfering too much. My favourite was first out last year because of a stupid "secret mission" they gave her in the first week. There's no live feed again this year, so they're free to edit the highlights in favour of whoever they want to keep in. Most fervent BBUK fans are seriously fed up with the Endemol/Channel 4 shenanigans and don't hold out much hope for this season.

No live feeds? What's the purpose of Big Brother without live feeds?
Back to top Go down
dtd2
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1111
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 25th 2009, 3:42 pm

I see you guys have not put up any promos yet..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M1rsAXKNx8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXQk2Mk6zis

Also to celebrate the 10th year of BB, E4/C4 will being pre series specials as always.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTHzo879k8o

Just 10 days to go now.
Back to top Go down
jodriver58
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 25th 2009, 3:53 pm

Thanks dtd2
Back to top Go down
Moody
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 25th 2009, 4:16 pm

dtd2 wrote:
I see you guys have not put up any promos yet..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M1rsAXKNx8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXQk2Mk6zis

Also to celebrate the 10th year of BB, E4/C4 will being pre series specials as always.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTHzo879k8o

Just 10 days to go now.

Hi didt2. Wont be long till we can start working on finding the new house guests for BB11 USA.
Back to top Go down
dtd2
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 25th 2009, 5:22 pm

I know I am excited, the search for finding out who the new houseguests is one of my favorite parts of Big Brother (Possibly my favorite.) Sadly, changes have been made at Reality BBQ, and I am no longer an admin assistant. But I will provide any info I know here as well.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator
Nancy AABB Admin

Number of posts : 35564
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 25th 2009, 5:26 pm

dtd2 wrote:
I know I am excited, the search for finding out who the new houseguests is one of my favorite parts of Big Brother (Possibly my favorite.) Sadly, changes have been made at Reality BBQ, and I am no longer an admin assistant. But I will provide any info I know here as well.

You are always welcome here!

I figure I'll start a BB11 forum around the second week in June. That should be about right...lol unless things pick up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
KayS
KayS

Number of posts : 25137
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 25th 2009, 5:30 pm

I read somewhere the BBUK house this year is very plain, backyard, etc. Makes me wonder whether or not same will go for the BBUS house this year. Economy you know.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 25th 2009, 5:45 pm

Thanks so much dtd2, I'm getting excited. I'm down to my last few BBAUS 7 episodes, so I won't be long before I go through withdrawl lol!

Granny, do you think that Justin will have the Jade As Seen on TV special available? I would love to see that.
Back to top Go down
Granny
All Star
All Star
Granny

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 25th 2009, 6:32 pm

Jack'd wrote:
Thanks so much dtd2, I'm getting excited. I'm down to my last few BBAUS 7 episodes, so I won't be long before I go through withdrawl lol!

Granny, do you think that Justin will have the Jade As Seen on TV special available? I would love to see that.

I haven't looked for it but I will see if I can find it.

Jack'd
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 25th 2009, 6:37 pm

Thanks Granny, it will air tomorrow night per below.

Here's some tidbits I found on a BBUK board. This is a press release that someone got a hold of.

Embargoed until: 26/05/2009
Press Pack

relates to:
Date issued: 22/05/2009
BIG BROTHER PRESS PACK

tel: 020 7306 6900
email: BigBrotherPress@channel4.co.uk

BIG BROTHER 10

Starts Thursday 4th June, 9pm on Channel 4
The BB press pack is embargoed until 0001 26 May 2009

It’s summer and that can only mean one thing – Big Brother is back with a new bunch of housemates who are about to enter the biggest game show of them all. From the moment the new housemates are revealed to the public on Thursday 4th June, their lives will be turned upside down as they become inhabitants of the most famous house in Britain. And Big Brother has one thing to say to them, “It’s not what you expect it to be”.

Davina McCall returns to present the launch show and eviction shows direct from the house as well as fronting the weekly fanzine show Big Brother’s Big Mouth, and on E4 George Lamb hosts the show in the know, Big Brother’s Little Brother.

Prior to BB10, E4 is home to three lead-in shows: Jade: As Seen on TV, a one hour film featuring never-before-seen archive of Jade, and interviews with those closet to her that attempts to understand the Goody phenomenon. Davina McCall hosts the one off Big Brother’s Big Quiz celebrating all things Big Brother, as captains Jason Manford, Jamelia, Jack Whitehall and Bob Mortimer team up with some of the most memorable housemates. Big Brother: A Decade in the Headlines looks back at how, from the very first series, Big Brother has influenced and changed the television, media and social landscapes.

David Williams, C4 Commissioning Editor for Big Brother says: “After ten years of tears and tantrums you might think that Big Brother has seen it all. But the magic ingredient that keeps Big Brother constantly on its toes and audiences hooked is the housemates. And this year I have no doubt that we've found a new crop of heroes and villains who will soon take their place amongst the housemate hall of fame.”

Phil Edgar-Jones, Creative Director of Brighter Pictures, as well as working on the last nine summer series, says: “People ask me constantly, ‘Aren’t you bored of Big Brother after so long?' The answer is easy, straightforward and from the heart – a simple ‘no’. This year I hope will be our best.”

The wait is nearly over. Soon a new group of housemates will enter the public consciousness. Let the games begin…

Big Brother is produced by Brighter Pictures (an Endemol company) for Channel 4 and E4.

LUCOZADE ENERGY, the UK’s No 1 Energy drink, is the sponsor of BB10.

www.channel4.com/bigbrother

For all press enquiries contact:
Email: bigbrotherpress@channel4.co.uk

Big Brother 10 Press Team
Nikki O’Shea, Kate Conway (joining C4 26th May), Toby Jones, Denize Belingy (joining C4 1st June)

For picture enquiries contact:
Channel 4 Picture Publicity: 020 7306 8685

BIG BROTHER 10
INFORMATION

Fans can stay glued to events in the Big Brother house throughout in a variety of ways. The line-up of programmes includes:

A Channel 4 launch show, hosted by Davina McCall, which sees the housemates entering the house.
An hour-long show with highlights of the previous 24 hours in the house every night of the week on C4.
Live eviction programmes presented by Davina McCall on C4.
Big Brother’s Little Brother on E4 Monday to Friday, and on T4 each Sunday, hosted by George Lamb.
Big Brother’s Big Mouth – immediately after launch, eviction and final nights on E4 with Davina McCall.
Late-night streaming live from the house
Breaking news from the house can be found on www.channel4.com/bigbrother

Big Brother Launch Show
Thursday 4th June 9pm, C4
Davina McCall presents direct from the Big Brother studios as a new group of housemates enter the Big Brother house for the very first time. Viewers will see the new housemates as they share their very first moments together and settle in for what could be the most unpredictable few weeks of their lives.

Big Brother
Nightly C4
Every night the hour-long programmes features all the action from the previous 24 hours in the house, including tasks and nominations.

Live Eviction Shows
To be confirmed
Davina McCall announces the result of the viewers’ vote and the evicted housemate exits the house live on the show. They then join Davina for their first interview, revealing all about their Big Brother experience. Expect some surprise guests and evictions throughout the run.

Big Brother’s Little Brother
Friday 5th June 6pm, E4
George Lamb continues fronting the ultimate Big Brother fanzine show, delivering all the latest news, views and access to all areas of the house. George delivers a unique insight into the latest shenanigans live from the Big Brother nerve centre, and fans can catch insider scoops on upcoming twists and the very first in-depth interviews with evicted housemates on their return to the outside world. They will be joined by celebrity guests plus friends and family of this year’s housemates. BBLB is on E4 Monday to Friday, and T4 on Sundays.

Big Brother’s Big Mouth
Launch show: Thursday 4th June 10.30pm, E4
Broadcast in the shadow of the Big Brother house Big Mouth returns to Friday nights. The once weekly hour show screens on E4 straight after the live eviction and interview of the latest housemate to depart Channel 4, with Davina McCall. Big Mouth is an adrenaline-fuelled and instantly reactive discussion show for the most passionate Big Brother fans to voice their opinions. All the week’s events from the house will be discussed, dissected and digested by the audience of obsessive BB fans, plus special guest experts, journalists and celebrities. Viewers at home can get involved by ringing in live to the studio, or emailing or texting their opinions. On E4 Friday nights, except launch night – Thursday 4th June.

Big Brother Live
Times vary, nightly, E4/C4
E4 viewers will have a chance to watch late-night streaming broadcast live and direct from the house every night.

WWW.CHANNEL4.COM/BIGBROTHER
To celebrate Big Brother’s tenth birthday, this year the Big Brother site will be bigger and better than ever before. The doors of the House will be blown open to reveal a unique no-holds-barred insight straight from the source. The site will provide up-to-the-minute breaking news, exclusive action direct from the house, and more classic BB moments than you can shake a stick at.

What’s more, Big Brother wants to hear from you. Do you have a burning question for Davina? How about an idea for a task? Or maybe you’d simply like to post a comment telling us who your favourite Housemate of all time is. This year, Big Brother will be alive and kicking online like never before.

Jade: As Seen On TV
Tuesday 26th May 2009, 10pm, E4
Jade celebrated her 21st birthday as one of the 14 housemates in Big Brother 3 in 2002. Almost voted out by viewers in her first week, she was saved by fellow housemates and eventually came fourth in the series.
Defying expectations, she managed to carve out a lucrative career as a celebrity personality, frequently appearing in gossip magazines, tabloids, television shows and specials. Although more than 3,000 contestants have now taken part in Big Brother in over 50 countries, Jade Goody is the only one known around the globe and to have achieved such a sustained media career, having earned millions in the six years since she first appeared on television screens.
From Jade’s impoverished start in life through to her worldwide fame, the programme traces the incidents and events that kept her on the front pages, featuring interviews with family, friends, close colleagues and commentators to ask how she became so well-known – and why she inspired such contrary feelings from the public.
Interviewees include: Jade’s mother Jackiey Budden; ‘surrogate’ stepfather Mark Fuller; close friends Charlene Hull and Kate Jackson; her personal PR Max Clifford, alongside Heat’s Lucie Cave; OK’s Phil Gould; journalists Miranda Sawyer and Rod Liddle and broadcaster John Stapleton.
Two months after the 27-year-old mother of two lost her battle against cervical cancer, this one hour film – featuring some never-before-seen archive of Jade – attempts to understand the Goody phenomenon, and asks if her background, class and lack of education was the real reason her detractors detested her so much – and why it caused others to affectionately compare her to Princess Diana.

Big Brother’s Big Quiz
Friday 29th May 2009, 10pm, E4
To celebrate Big Brother's 10th year, and to mark the launch of the new series of the iconic show, Davina McCall hosts a special one off comedy quiz show celebrating all things Big Brother.

Quiz captains Jason Manford, Jamelia, Jack Whitehall and Bob Mortimer team up with some of the most memorable of housemates over the years to face questions about tasks, tantrums, relationships, life after Big Brother and much more.

There will be unexpected twists and surprises, and – with the return of such familiar faces as Nikki Grahame, 'Nasty' Nick Bateman, Brian Belo, Derek Laud and Makosi Musambasi - it's a programme that no devoted Big Brother fan will want to miss.

Big Brother: A Decade in the Headlines
Tuesday 2nd June, 10pm, E4
Journalist Grace Dent takes a look at the impact that ten years of Big Brother – from a little-known show that saw ten housemates enter an environment of 24/7 filming to a worldwide-brand and the biggest reality show that has never been far from the headlines.

Featuring interviews with Mark Frith, Paul Flynn, Carole Malone, Oona King, Peter Tatchell, Krishnan Guru-Murthy, Ian Hyland and a load of ex BB housemates, Big Brother: A Decade in the Headlines examines how Big Brother has affected celebrity, diversity, and television.
Back to top Go down
dtd2
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 25th 2009, 6:38 pm

The Press Pack has been released, not much more info, but here it is nonetheless.

Programs:http://www.insidebigbrother.net/news/pre-bb/whats-on-the-box.ibb

Davina Interview:http://www.insidebigbrother.net/news/pre-bb/davina-big-brother-can-still-make-me-gasp.ibb

Head of Channel 4 interview:http://www.insidebigbrother.net/news/pre-bb/williams-our-new-housemates-in-for-a-shock.ibb

George Lamb Interview (Host of BBLB):http://www.insidebigbrother.net/news/pre-bb/williams-our-new-housemates-in-for-a-shock.ibb

So what a lousy year of BB Sad Big Brother Australia got completely canceled, Housecalls got canceled in the US, and now Diary Room Uncut has been canceled in the UK.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 25th 2009, 6:40 pm

Seems we're at the same place dtd2 lol.

Here's an interview with Davina. I love her, I can't wait to see her again.

DAVINA McCALL INTERVIEW
The following interview can only be used to publicise the launch of Big Brother and must include the credit – Big Brother starts Thursday 4th June, 9pm, C4

Big Brother is coming up again. Does that mean you're pregnant?
Not pregnant this time! I think there must be a rumour every year now. My parents even called me up this year to ask me.

You're on TV a lot, particularly during the summer. Do your kids think everyone's mummy is on TV?
No, because they don't ever see me on the telly. Big Brother is on too late for them, and they're too young. They have been to Big Brother, but their best bit of that was going to see the special effects people at Elstree, where they met R2-D2, C-3P0, Darth Vader, Ewoks, the whole gamut. They couldn't care less about my job or Big Brother. But my daughter Holly was quite worried that I kissed Doctor Who on Comic Relief. I had to do a lot of explaining.

Speaking of offspring, your other baby, Big Brother, is ten years old this year. Can you believe it's been so long?
I don't think so, because it doesn't feel old. It always feels fresh to me. I spoke to the producer today, and he told me something that absolutely made me gasp. I love the fact that Big Brother can still make me gasp.

Even if we were to torture you, you wouldn't tell us what it was that made you gasp, would you?
Nope, of course not. It would ruin it, and you wouldn't like it as much if you knew what was coming. It wouldn't be as exciting.

You have an almost proprietorial attitude towards the show, don't you? It really means a lot to you.
Yeah. I've loved hosting it over the years. It's a bit like Claudia Winkleman belongs to It Takes Two or Simon Cowell and X-Factor. I think because I've watched every single episode of every single series of Big Brother. I feel intrinsically linked to it. And I'm really close to the people that work on it. A lot of the people have worked on every series. We're all mates, I love these people. That continuity is really nice. In my business, you often move from show to show and don't have a chance to strike up a relationship. So it's just the best jolly. And I don't think summer is summer without Big Brother.

What do you remember of the first ever night of transmission of Big Brother?
I remember the feeling of wondering if it was going to work. I knew I thought it was interesting, but I wondered if anyone else would think so. But what I thought was funny about the first series was that it got picked up as an interesting social experiment, and some of the broadsheets were covering it, saying it was a really interesting programme. Obviously it's not cool for them to do that any more. Sometimes they dip their toe in, but they take it out again pretty quickly. I just remember questioning whether people would get it – and they totally did.

Did you have any inkling that it would go on to become the major phenomenon that it has done?
No, you never know. I've done programmes that I thought were going to be great, and they didn't catch on, and then I've done programmes that I thought would do incredibly badly. God's Gift, for example – I know it was on in the middle of the night, but it had quite a cult following and I remember thinking "This is potentially the end of my career." But it worked. You never really know if something is going to work or not.

Who have been your favourite contestants over the years?
Well, last year had quite a lot of my favourites. This is contentious, but I did love Rex. I just did. When he just used to look at Nicole and go [puts on voice] "what's wrong with you?" It was that sort of bolshie chef thing and the arrogance that was kind of brilliant. As well as the Luke and Bex romance, which is still going! I saw Luke the other day – he’s gone sort of Indie rock star – he's got long hair and everything. Helen and Paul are one of my favourite couples. Nadia was one of my favourite winners. She was so lovely, and so overjoyed to win, it meant so much to her – so much more than the money. And Craig, as well, giving that money away when he came out – that was really special. And Brian winning it as well – that meant a lot to him in so many ways more than just the money.

While we're talking about past contestants, there's one who was in the news a lot earlier this year, Jade…
I think Jade's passing was just sad for everyone, really sad. I don’t really feel comfortable discussing it – it was just very sad.

Let's move on to your outfits. They've received a lot of attention over the years.
Oh God. I know, it's so funny, isn't it.

Do you choose them yourself, or do you have a stylist?
I have a brilliant stylist called AJ, and we choose outfits together. It's funny how much outfits polarise people. I sometimes look at the 'What was she thinking?' column in a magazine and think 'I quite like that one. Is that wrong?' I mean, look at me. Right now I'm wearing an all-in-one pantaloon harem trouser - Hammertime! Not everyone's cup of tea, but I love a play suit. It's good to try something different, and wear something that people will either love or hate. At least they'll feel something. I'd much rather that than just be bland.

Do you ever turn down something because it's too outlandish?
No, but I would turn something down because it was too 'mutton'. I’ve come to an age where I have to be a little bit careful about how I look, in terms of dressing too young.

Do you get to keep your outfits?
Well, if I rip, tear or soil them in any way, generally speaking I have to buy it. Sometimes if I've got a really good relationship with the designers, and I wear their stuff a lot, then they'll give me a couple of things. I'm not like an actress who gets stuff delivered to their door. I don't have a model's figure, I don't fit sample sizes, and I'm of an age where I'm not going to be in all the glossy magazines on a weekly basis. So I don't get reams and reams of free clothing – but what I get I cherish.

You said you're not an actress, but you had a star turn in Dead Set, the zombie horror set in the Big Brother house. Was that fun to make?
It was amazing. To me, it felt like that – a clearing of any kind of anger or anxiety from your mind. I literally just spent all day punching doors, kicking doors, running, screaming, banging, headbutting… By the end of it I felt cleansed. They should have a zombie spa or something, where you can go and feel really good about yourself.

When the contestants come out of the house, the crowd can be very hostile. Do you always feel sorry for them, or do you sometimes think 'You reap what you sew’?
It's a bit of both. In my heart, I know that the crowd is playing. If you're there at an eviction night, you know that it's never real hatred. It often depends on how they play it when they come out. I've seen people be booed the second they come out of the house, and by the time they reach the round podium, people are cheering. That's why I always say in their ear 'It's just panto - it doesn't mean anything.' And whatever you think of them, we need villains – the housemates that you loathe are great housemates. We need people to stir things up. That's what makes it. And the crowd are part of it all too – it's all a bit of a joke – I've never seen true animosity.

One of the difficult aspects of your job must be conducting the eviction interviews. People have always got an opinion about whether you've got the tone of the interview right, don't they?
Yes, they usually think I'm being too soft. Friends of mine will often have a go at me about that, and I love that, because it makes me realise how much they care about the programme. But, at the end of the day, I work for Big Brother, and we asked them to go into that house. I have to get them to answer my questions appropriately. I can't just roast them. It's not like going on Newsnight where you expect Jeremy Paxman to roast you because that's what he does. We have asked those people to go there, and they've given up enormous parts of their life to go in there, and they've entertained us. I would like to think that I can ask difficult questions but sometimes I like to ask a really difficult question with a bit of a smile.

Looking back, are there any interviews that you would do differently if you had the chance?
No. There are ones that I've been criticised for but I'm pleased with the job I've done, definitely.

What do you do in the way of homework? You say you've seen every single episode of Big Brother - do you watch it every night, or do you get in on eviction day and watch a whole batch?
[Recoils in mock horror] No, no! I watch every night. I have been known sometimes, if it's really good – like things brewing on the romance front – to leave the dinner table at a friend's house. And other people have joined me. Sometimes we do an early supper and then we all watch together. I often have people at my house every night at 10pm because they know that I have the hotline through to the producers. Because it's often like 24 – they leave you with a cliff-hanger at the end of the show – and you have to know what happened, so I'll phone the producers and find out what happened that day, and then announce to everyone "They snogged!"

What can you tell us about the forthcoming series? Go on, spill the beans, don't give us a load of flannel.
Um… I can tell you it's on this summer. It'll be really good. It's on every day. Um… oh yeah, I'm doing Big Brother's Big Mouth.

You've done that before, haven't you?
Yeah, I have. It's good fun, because it's a bit freer than Big Brother, and I can show my passion.

It always looks quite chaotic. Is it?
It's completely chaotic. But I think that's the joy of it. It's crowd management actually, because there are always some very passionate fans on, who love that programme and get really riotous. I'm going to get a naughty step if they misbehave.

And you're hosting a Big Brother quiz aren't you?
I am, yes – I think it's on the week before Big Brother starts. The contestants are ex-housemates, and it's going to be everything to do with past series.

You'd be a brilliant contestant on that, presumably.
Well, you'd think so, but no! I answered questions on it for Comic Relief, against David Tennant, asked by John Humphries. And I know he loathes Big Brother, and he loves Doctor Who, so I was bricking it right from the start. I already felt like I was on to a loser. And I was so nervous I just couldn't answer any of the questions. So I'd be rubbish. I'd much rather be the quiz master, and look all holier-than-thou and go "Oh this is really easy!" I'm going to say that before every question. "This is soooo easy!"

Looking ahead, then, what are your ambitions for the forthcoming series?
Just more of the same. I don't need Big Brother to change too radically. It's the housemates that bring the freshness in. I do like them suffering a bit – because then the joys are more joyful. So I don't want life to be too easy.

More electric shocks!
God yes! And the other task I keep thinking about that was so awesome last year was the Japanese table tennis. The tasks are absolutely breathtaking. They are amazing. People ask me if I have any input on the tasks. Are you kidding me? How would I think up anything as amazing as that? It was all brilliant. Thriller, Okay Go, Scotch Bonnets…

How long are you going to keep presenting Big Brother for?
If you have new people in it every time, I don't see that it will get boring. And if you look at other reality TV programmes, they are consistently taking tasks that were done on Big Brother over the summer and reinventing them for their show. This show is an innovator, it doesn't copy other programmes. It's unique, it's innovative and it's interesting, and as long as it stays like that I don't see why it can't carry on. And if it carries on, I'm bl***y doing it!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 25th 2009, 6:42 pm

You know what, there's just so much over there, too much to bring over. Here's the link in case you want to read more. They have a whole write up about where are they now concerning all past hm's.

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=114275&page=3
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 25th 2009, 6:43 pm

Well I never expected this one to last! Good for them!!!

As well as the Luke and Bex romance, which is still going! I saw Luke the other day – he’s gone sort of Indie rock star – he's got long hair and everything.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 25th 2009, 6:44 pm

Thanks for all the goodies Jack'd and dtd.
Back to top Go down
Granny
All Star
All Star
Granny

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 25th 2009, 6:46 pm

Here is another site that will be show BBUK on Justin....it might even be live as I have been watching Britians Got Talent live.

http://www.justin.tv/dragon_big_brother

edited to add: this will be live also

Last edited by Granny on June 3rd 2009, 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Granny
All Star
All Star
Granny

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 25th 2009, 6:48 pm

Oh, and thanks for all the good stuff Jack'd and dtd

Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 25th 2009, 6:51 pm

Granny wrote:

Granny, did you know Luke and Bex were still together? I was so surprised to read that. Happy but surprised!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 25th 2009, 6:55 pm

Mappy wrote:
Granny wrote:

Granny, did you know Luke and Bex were still together? I was so surprised to read that. Happy but surprised!

Well, I knew lol. I was just reading about them the other day. Some say it's just for publicity, they get paid to show up at places together, but Luke claims it's love. Here's Luke's myspace. How Cute!!! lol!

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=114275&page=3
Back to top Go down
Granny
All Star
All Star
Granny

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 25th 2009, 6:56 pm

When they got together, I thought it was so wild that it will probably work. I am glad as I liked both of them.

Granny
All Star
All Star
Granny

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 25th 2009, 6:58 pm

I am really getting excited. I am all packed and ready to move on Saturday. I even packed my whole kitchen....can't do much cooking. I will be all settled before either BB starts.

Jack'd
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 25th 2009, 6:59 pm

Granny wrote:
When they got together, I thought it was so wild that it will probably work. I am glad as I liked both of them.

They really did make the show so funny didn't they. I loved Luke ( stir the pot ) and Becs with her getting her tits out everywhere lol!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 25th 2009, 7:00 pm

Granny wrote:
I am really getting excited. I am all packed and ready to move on Saturday. I even packed my whole kitchen....can't do much cooking. I will be all settled before either BB starts.

Good for you Granny. Have a safe and happy move. Get settled quick because we'll have a lot to talk about in a week!
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 25th 2009, 7:02 pm

Thanks jack'd. I didn't see Luke's MySpace but I love the site/forum.

I wonder if Mario and ???? are still together... if they ever really got married lol
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 25th 2009, 7:04 pm

Yay Granny! New digs for the new season. I like the part where you can't cook because your kitchen is packed up lol Maybe I'll try that heehee
Back to top Go down
Granny
All Star
All Star
Granny

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 25th 2009, 7:08 pm

Mappy wrote:
Yay Granny! New digs for the new season. I like the part where you can't cook because your kitchen is packed up lol Maybe I'll try that heehee

Yeah, I have a few disposable plastic plates and silverware and one eight inch skillet. That's okay as last time I moved, I ended up packing all night before I moved....never again. I am even boarding my dog while I move even tho I am moving to a different town.

Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 26th 2009, 5:11 pm

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/big_brother/321497/First-pictures-of-new-Big-Brother-house-for-series-10-of-Channel-4-reality-show.html

A few pics of the new house - outside.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 26th 2009, 8:36 pm

BIG Brother 10’s housemates are in for a mighty shock.

Not long after they have settled into the BB house on Thursday June 4, one of the 16 will get the boot.

Channel 4 bosses have scheduled a live show just a few days in.

It is set to be either Monday June 8 or the next day.

TV host Davina McCall, 41, will call up the house and reveal that someone’s time is already up. A source said: “It’s the first of many surprises. We’re fed up with housemates second guessing what’s in store.”

C4 commissioning editor David Williams also teased: “Big Brother has found some never-seen-before characters and they might just be in for a shock.”

Meanwhile, angry fans are threatening to boycott the show because the 24-hour live feed has been axed.

TV bosses claim it is too costly to run and that only a few thousand people ever tuned in.

Fans are up in arms. Michelle Smith raged: “We’ll only see what they want us to see. They can fix who they want to win by only showing their good bits.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/bigbrother/view/82200/Exclusive-Big-Brother-shock/
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   May 26th 2009, 9:26 pm

I saw a blurb about triplets in my wanderings. Wonder if that's one of the twists.

Thanks for all the info Jack'd! Hope it's a good season. The last regular season was 'eh' ... felt bad for Stephanie and how she was booted so quickly because of the stupid 'proposal' twist and Mario turned out to be insufferable. Granted, they had a lot of 'personalities' but it seemed annoying more than entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK   

Back to top Go down

Big Brother UK
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 10-
Jump to: