AuthorMessage
Moody
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Moody

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 11:14 am

So, we learned that Jerry has throat cancer in the Steven chat. Most BB fans didn't like Jerry because he behaved so badly in the house. So the question is... is an ass, still and ass when they have cancer? (I got this thread idea from someone else).

My answer is, yes, they are still an ass BUT.... I don't know if you guys saw it, but someone at Survivor Sucks wrote Jerry a really really cruel letter and mailed it to his house. After I saw that letter, I felt really bad for Jerry. Yes, he said terrible things. Yes, he probably was a horrible husband. But, I can't help feel sorry for a person when they get a letter like that, and of course when the get struck with throat cancer!

I really feel sorry for his kids though. They have lost their mother to a nursing home, and their father is dying. At least, Big Brother made Jerry's life more interesting before he dies. I don't know, I hope the aftermath of Big Brother wasn't to emotionally draining for Jerry. Fans can be cruel. I made some mean avatars I am going to get out of my photo bucket account right away.
Back to top Go down
Kimmie
Kimmie

Number of posts : 37979
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 11:19 am

throat cancer is curable.

I dont want to sound insensitive so forgive me in advance.

One benefit.......if they take out his voice box...... then his family can love him without his vulgar mouth. bad girl (to the corner with Mappy)

an ass is an ass is an ass......
But cancer sucks

Last edited by Kimmie on February 6th 2009, 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://Www.kmundtinteriors.com
KayS
KayS

Number of posts : 25137
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 11:22 am

I have nothing but good wishes for Jerry and his family. He was what he was. No one is all bad or all good, Jerry included.
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
Mrs C

Number of posts : 6548

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 11:32 am

Throat cancer is curable if its caught early enough. Hope that is the case here. And yes, you can still be an ass if you have cancer, but I would hope that when you're faced with this type of situation that the person steps back and and re-evaluates their lives and makes a change.

I wish him and his family the best. My heart especially goes out to his children. I've seen personally what cancer does to kids, especially throat cancer, and to never hear your father's normal voice again, is very, very painful.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 22967
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 11:36 am

I didn't care for Jerry on BB but I wish him the best and hope he beats the cancer.
Back to top Go down
Moody
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 11:40 am

Oh, it's curable. I already have the poor guy buried!
Back to top Go down
lindakm
lindakm

Number of posts : 10911

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 11:47 am

My BIL had throat cancer but his was too far gone to save his voice box. That was removed and he now talks through a voice box. So even if he he loses it he can still talk. That is another reason I chose to try to quit smoking. Yes he is still an ass.
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
Mrs C

Number of posts : 6548

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 11:50 am

lindakm wrote:
My BIL had throat cancer but his was too far gone to save his voice box. That was removed and he now talks through a voice box. So even if he he loses it he can still talk. That is another reason I chose to try to quit smoking. Yes he is still an ass.

They removed my dads voice box too. What a horrible, horrible surgery that is. Unfortunately, the cancer had spread...

And my dad wasn't an ass. He never spoke bad about anyone and was one of the kindest men I've ever known.
Back to top Go down
Maureen
Maureen

Number of posts : 16156
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 11:53 am

Call me silly but I am going to say a prayer tonight for Jerry and his family.
All this sickness with Jerry and his wife is really hardest on Jerry's children.
Their mom put in a nursing home and their dad has cancer now?...God love his children and give them the strength they are going to need.
Back to top Go down
lindakm
lindakm

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 11:54 am

You are NOT silly. Just because he's an ass doesn't mean we don't hope for the best. I know I certainly do.
BTW my BIL is an ass also.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
lovin

Number of posts : 8223
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 12:00 pm

Sure he's an ass but I would want for anything bad to happen to anyone. Cancer sucks and its a very scary thing so I feel for his family. Doesn't mean that he's still not an ass though, but like someone else said I hope that he can look at what he's done and re-evaluate it.
Back to top Go down
Maureen
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 12:03 pm

lindakm wrote:
You are NOT silly. Just because he's an ass doesn't mean we don't hope for the best. I know I certainly do.
BTW my BIL is an ass also.

Linda, who is BILL?

edited to add...oops...never mind, Linda,...I thought BIL said BILL.
Embarassed
Back to top Go down
lindakm
lindakm

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 12:18 pm

lol! No problem. I looked to see if I did it right.
Back to top Go down
Gemini
Head of Household
Head of Household
Gemini

Number of posts : 778

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 12:20 pm

Gosh that terrible (the cancer). Remember how his voice got so raspy while in the BB house, I wonder if that was when it first started.

Trying to quit smoking also. Hate everything about it but am totally addicted. Embarassed

I am one of the few people in the world who can murder you and leave no forensic evidence. ~ Abby from NCIS
Back to top Go down
Moody
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 12:35 pm

Jerry didn't smoke on BB did he? Does anyone remember him talking about being a smoker?
Back to top Go down
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 22967

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 12:36 pm

No he didn't smoke on BB and never heard him mention that he had smoked. Of course I rarely watched him on the feeds if I could help it.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16475

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 12:38 pm

A sick ass is still an ass but it doesn't stop me from empathizing with him. Serious illness can strike the good the bad and the rest of us, it doesn't discriminate.
Back to top Go down
Gemini
Head of Household
Head of Household
Gemini

Number of posts : 778

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 12:39 pm

Moody wrote:
Jerry didn't smoke on BB did he? Does anyone remember him talking about being a smoker?

Jerry talked about being a ex-smoker.
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
jfan

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 1:45 pm

Well there are far worse people than Jerry around ... heck, there have been far bigger asses who played Big Brother. I wish him the best.

Sydney2

Number of posts : 16387

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 2:02 pm

That is sad. I feel for his family.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 2:38 pm

I liked Jerry, then intensely disliked him, then was apathetic and eventually, was glad he was a HG because he caused a lot of controversy and in turn, a lot to talk about. I feel badly for his family and him. He's still someone's husband, father, grandpa, loved one and friend.
Back to top Go down
tealover
Head of Household
Head of Household
tealover

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 2:56 pm

Mappy wrote:
I liked Jerry, then intensely disliked him, then was apathetic and eventually, was glad he was a HG because he caused a lot of controversy and in turn, a lot to talk about. I feel badly for his family and him. He's still someone's husband, father, grandpa, loved one and friend.
That's how I always thought when it came to Jerry. He's an elderly man. I know that his age doesn't excuse some of his actions, but it shouldn't have been open season on him either. I don't know, maybe I was just raised differently; but we were always expected to respect our elders even when we didn't agree with what they were saying. I remember my mom's thick brogue warning us, "Someday, Lord willing, you'll be that age and you and yours will have been raised properly and you will be given all due respect in turn." I did not like it when the houseguests made fun of him, isolated him, and threatened him (Memphis).
Back to top Go down
Tiger
All Star
All Star
Tiger

Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 3:24 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with Jerry and his family. ITA with you tealover. I was raised to respect the elderly without question. Unfortunately, most people do not age gracefully. I pray that I do. We recently visited my grandmother who lives in a nursing home due to dementia and my husband stated, "I hope I never have to live in one of these places." My response, "No one ever does. Do you think anyone here chose this? We have to visit. We have a choice. They don't."
Back to top Go down
trace77

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 3:33 pm

Those of us who had Jerry issues hardly just disagreed with his views. He said some horribly nasty things about several of the houseguest, especially Keesha, that were not acceptable in ANY generation.

That said, I obviously don't wish him any ill, and hope he recovers from this. I'm also relieved his wife is finally getting the attention she needs.
Back to top Go down
jodriver58
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 3:37 pm

Very sad. I wish him and his family the best.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 3:50 pm

tealover wrote:
Mappy wrote:
That's how I always thought when it came to Jerry. He's an elderly man. I know that his age doesn't excuse some of his actions, but it shouldn't have been open season on him either. I don't know, maybe I was just raised differently; but we were always expected to respect our elders even when we didn't agree with what they were saying. I remember my mom's thick brogue warning us, "Someday, Lord willing, you'll be that age and you and yours will have been raised properly and you will be given all due respect in turn." I did not like it when the houseguests made fun of him, isolated him, and threatened him (Memphis).

I respect you tealover. I was also raised to respect my elders. I was also raised to treat others as I wanted to be treated. This may upset some people, but I have to say it. Jerry, while in the house, played down and dirty with the worst of them. He, too, was responsible for isolating people and doing and saying hurtful things. I wish I could forget how horrid he was. I truly wish him a full and speedy recovery. Getting older is tough enough without having terrible illnesses thrown into the mix.
Back to top Go down
tealover
Head of Household
Head of Household
tealover

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 3:58 pm

Mappy wrote:
tealover wrote:
Mappy wrote:

I respect you tealover. I was also raised to respect my elders. I was also raised to treat others as I wanted to be treated. This may upset some people, but I have to say it. Jerry, while in the house, played down and dirty with the worst of them. He, too, was responsible for isolating people and doing and saying hurtful things. I wish I could forget how horrid he was. I truly wish him a full and speedy recovery. Getting older is tough enough without having terrible illnesses thrown into the mix.

No, I totally agree with you, he, too, was horrible to people at times. I was not a big fan of his. But, it still made me feel uncomfortable. I also agree with you that this illness must be horrible for him, especially when he talked about how important it was to him to take care of his wife. I will pray for him and his family. And, thanks, I respect you too! Smile And, I just saw...Happy Birthday!
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 4:14 pm

tealover wrote:
Mappy wrote:
tealover wrote:
Mappy wrote:

No, I totally agree with you, he, too, was horrible to people at times. I was not a big fan of his. But, it still made me feel uncomfortable. I also agree with you that this illness must be horrible for him, especially when he talked about how important it was to him to take care of his wife. I will pray for him and his family. And, thanks, I respect you too! Smile And, I just saw...Happy Birthday!

Thank you tealover. BB 10 certainly had it's share of nasties. Thoughts of one trigger a domino effect and I can see certain incidents in my mind involving various HG's. Guess this season left it's mark on me more deeply than any of the previous ones lol
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
ebowers

Number of posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 5:57 pm

I disliked Jerry immensely on BB10, besides Maggot and Cappy on BB6, I can't think of another hg that I disliked so much. He was indeed a BB ass! But, I don't know anything about him really in real life. But, either way, I certainly wish him the best...afterall, it is just a silly reality show!
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Houseguest
Houseguest
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 8:17 pm

If Jessie And Dan like him, he can't be that bad outside the house, I think. I've said it before, he was a total ass on the show and I hated his creeper ass, but since then I been warming up to him a bit and was neautral on him till yesterday, had gotten over how I felt about him on BB10. Now, I'm ok with him and I hope he comes through fine from this and has a fast recovery... This sort of illeness isn't a joke, my dad had cancer in '07 so I know how it is, thankfully he came out perfectly well from it in the end, so I'm hoping for the same to happen to Jerry.

These were made by his #1 fan during the show....

<3

yankeegirl7

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 6th 2009, 10:00 pm

Kimmie wrote:

One benefit.......if they take out his voice box...... then his family can love him without his vulgar mouth. bad girl (to the corner with Mappy)

But cancer sucks

well I'm sure his kids and grandkids would take great comfort with that thought.....wow
Back to top Go down
Kimmie
Kimmie

Number of posts : 37979

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 7th 2009, 6:59 am

yankeegirl7 wrote:
Kimmie wrote:

But cancer sucks

well I'm sure his kids and grandkids would take great comfort with that thought.....wow

good thing they dont read here. Dont read too much into what I said.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.kmundtinteriors.com
Maureen
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 7th 2009, 7:15 am

DannyBoy wrote:
If Jessie And Dan like him, he can't be that bad outside the house, I think. I've said it before, he was a total ass on the show and I hated his creeper ass, but since then I been warming up to him a bit and was neautral on him till yesterday, had gotten over how I felt about him on BB10. Now, I'm ok with him and I hope he comes through fine from this and has a fast recovery... This sort of illeness isn't a joke, my dad had cancer in '07 so I know how it is, thankfully he came out perfectly well from it in the end, so I'm hoping for the same to happen to Jerry.

(((((((((((((((((((((Dann))))))))))))))))))))))))))))...a hug Very Happy ...just because.

Tealover, me' Irish mom had a beautiful brogue too.
She was very strict about manners and respect and my Dad was strict on other things like dating, make-up and mini-skirts.
My mom could be very confusing with her rules though. Growing up my parents owned 2 : 2 family homes with shared driveways that went to separate garages.
One day my two sisters and I were walking home from school and we walked up one of the driveways and the mean lady next door came out and yelled at us "go walk on your other driveway!!!". Well, my older sister Cathy who was not as timid as me said "this side is half my Daddy's too so stop being so mean"....and my other sister Colleen said "yah, this is my Daddy's too so don't be so mean"...not me, I said nothing. Well out the door came me' Irish mom ...oh boy did she tell off that neighbor....."don't you ever yell at my children again!".
BUT inside we all got a whack on the butt and sent to our rooms till supper time because we talked back to a grown-up. HUH????????? I didn't say ONE FLIPPIN' WORD!
I couldn't stand Cathy and Colleen that day, they got ME in trouble with them...guilt by association I guess.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 7th 2009, 7:22 am

Wildebeest wrote:
DannyBoy wrote:

(((((((((((((((((((((Dann))))))))))))))))))))))))))))...a hug Very Happy ...just because.

Tealover, me' Irish mom had a beautiful brogue too.
She was very strict about manners and respect and my Dad was strict on other things like dating, make-up and mini-skirts.
My mom could be very confusing with her rules though. Growing up my parents owned 2 : 2 family homes with shared driveways that went to separate garages.
One day my two sisters and I were walking home from school and we walked up one of the driveways and the mean lady next door came out and yelled at us "go walk on your other driveway!!!". Well, my older sister Cathy who was not as timid as me said "this side is half my Daddy's too so stop being so mean"....and my other sister Colleen said "yah, this is my Daddy's too so don't be so mean"...not me, I said nothing. Well out the door came me' Irish mom ...oh boy did she tell off that neighbor....."don't you ever yell at my children again!".
BUT inside we all got a whack on the butt and sent to our rooms till supper time because we talked back to a grown-up. HUH????????? I didn't say ONE FLIPPIN' WORD!
I couldn't stand Cathy and Colleen that day, they got ME in trouble with them...guilt by association I guess. Laughing

lol! I can identify with your childhood, Wilde! Irish mom, French dad and near the end of the 'line' when it came to guilt by association. I had a flashback of us lining up to get a swat on the bottom... oldest to youngest ... we were in that line a lot! angel
Back to top Go down
Maureen
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 7th 2009, 7:28 am

Same here Mappy and I always hated my two sisters when I was in that egg-flipper line-up!!
My Mom stopped using her hand when she hurt it one day so she used her egg-flipper instead.....OUCH!! OUCH!!
I think I still hate Cathy and Colleen till this day.........LMAO!!!
Just kidding, I love them and they are my best girlfriends today!
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 7th 2009, 7:34 am

Wildebeest wrote:
Same here Mappy and I always hated my two sisters when I was in that egg-flipper line-up!!
My Mom stopped using her hand when she hurt it one day so she used her egg-flipper instead.....OUCH!! OUCH!!
I think I still hate Cathy and Colleen till this day.........LMAO!!!
Just kidding, I love them and they are my best girlfriends today!

Occasionally, mom would perform the 'laying on of hands' lol She usually left the physical discipline for 'when your father gets home' LOL There were seven of us and it was oldest to youngest. He adjusted the degree of sting with the age of the child. lol!
Back to top Go down
Maureen
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 7th 2009, 7:45 am

Mappy, it is so funny because in my home it was always "wait till your MOM gets home".
If my Mom went shopping with her girlfriends and we acted up while Dad was home alone with us that is what he would say.
My Dad never spanked me or my sisters...ever ever!
But I remember a few times he did give my brother Sean a whack and my sisters and I were SHOCKED!
Back to top Go down
adrixoxo
Head of Household
Head of Household
adrixoxo

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 7th 2009, 3:05 pm

is it just mee?
everytime i read "jerry has throat cancer"
i get a little teary.
:[
Back to top Go down
Maureen
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 7th 2009, 3:37 pm

adrixoxo wrote:
is it just mee?
i get a little teary.

No, it is not just you.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   February 7th 2009, 5:50 pm

adrixoxo wrote:
is it just mee?
i get a little teary.

No, you're not alone adri. It's very sad but my Uncle Francis, who was the 'Ol' Bastard' (he fondly called himself) beat cancer at 85. I'm keeping Jerry and his family in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jerry has throat cancer   

Back to top Go down

Jerry has throat cancer
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 10-
Jump to: