all about big brother ~ aabb

Discuss reality television. Big Brother, Survivor, Housewives, etc

HomePortalCalendarFAQLog inRegister

Share | 

April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sydney2
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Sydney2

Number of posts : 16387
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 17th 2008, 6:53 pm

GO PHOENIX SCORCH!!

Last edited by Sydney2 on November 17th 2008, 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sydney2
Sydney2

Number of posts : 16387

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 17th 2008, 6:54 pm

Lingerie Football League
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
thatgirl

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 18th 2008, 1:26 am

Isn't that what Jen Johnson did? Now we know what they were discussing when they got together for bowling. Wink
Back to top Go down
Moody
Moody

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 18th 2008, 4:48 am

Is April doing the lingerie bowl, or is that a Halloween costume?
Back to top Go down
Moody
Moody

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 18th 2008, 5:27 am

Never mind my question, it appears she is in the LB.
Back to top Go down
Moody
Moody

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 18th 2008, 5:28 am

http://www.lflus.com/
Back to top Go down
Moody
Moody

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 18th 2008, 5:38 am

This must be hot of the press, because on the teams website it says "coming soon" regarding the new player.
http://www.lingeriebowl.com/phoenixscorch/index.html

Anybody know what kind of money these women make?
Back to top Go down
KayS
KayS

Number of posts : 25137
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 18th 2008, 5:52 am

Maybe it's because I'm not a guy, but I just don't get the attraction of women doing lingerie bowl. I just want to wipe that black stuff off their faces.
Back to top Go down
Moody
Moody

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 18th 2008, 5:54 am

flowerpower wrote:
Maybe it's because I'm not a guy, but I just don't get the attraction of women doing lingerie bowl. I just want to wipe that black stuff off their faces.

I find it extremely sexist. That's why I asked about the $$, some times you got to do what you got to do.
Back to top Go down
Moody
Moody

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 18th 2008, 6:08 am

Here is the most recent team photo, and April isn't in it yet....
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16475

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 18th 2008, 6:55 am

Good lord.
Do these gals perform at half time or something? Great family entertainment, no?
I find it sexist too. Call me when they have a couple of teams of guys running around in boxer briefs and kneepads.
Back to top Go down
Bella
Head of Household
Head of Household
Bella

Number of posts : 689
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 18th 2008, 10:25 am

I wonder what they perform at half time. lol!
Back to top Go down
GetReal

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 18th 2008, 5:15 pm

Cousin_Jake wrote:
Good lord.
Do these gals perform at half time or something? Great family entertainment, no?
I find it sexist too. Call me when they have a couple of teams of guys running around in boxer briefs and kneepads.

SEXIST? Isn't HOOTERS sexist?
Back to top Go down
Kimmie
Kimmie

Number of posts : 37979
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 18th 2008, 5:20 pm

GetReal wrote:
Cousin_Jake wrote:
Good lord.

I would allow them to be sexist is they paid REALLY good money!

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://Www.kmundtinteriors.com
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 18th 2008, 5:26 pm

http://www.lflus.com/

They ARE the football team lol

Check out the video... everyone from Leno to Daly to McHale have something to say ... funny stuff!

The teams of the Lingerie Football League play at halftime during the Super Bowl
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake
Cousin_Jake

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 18th 2008, 6:00 pm

GetReal wrote:
Cousin_Jake wrote:
Good lord.

Sure, but I can easily avoid going there with my family if I don't like it - I guess if this is an actual league and not some half time "entertainment" then my objection is moot as people can choose to pay to see them play. (or not go, as the case may be)
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
ndd123

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 18th 2008, 7:20 pm

Moody wrote:
flowerpower wrote:

I find it extremely sexist. That's why I asked about the $$, some times you got to do what you got to do.

Sexist - I agree................Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do....

Didn't April lose her job? She can probably use the money.

Now I am curious, how much does it pay? Do you get more for a touchdown?

Cool
Back to top Go down
lallybelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
lallybelle

Number of posts : 8088

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 18th 2008, 8:00 pm

Jen was WAY hotter. angel
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
ndd123

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 18th 2008, 8:16 pm

lallybelle wrote:
Jen was WAY hotter. angel

I think she is in the video at the end for comparison purposes.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
Peaches

Number of posts : 4656
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 19th 2008, 8:08 am

flowerpower wrote:

Quote :
Good lord.

I'm not a guy either and I agree with you guys. LOL I guess its their prerogative to do what they choose to do and their business but I'm still not a fan. Its like mud wrestling, while drunk guys watch and cheer. Their business but just not a fan of this kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
GetReal

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 19th 2008, 1:24 pm

Peaches wrote:
flowerpower wrote:

Quote :
Good lord.

I'm not a guy either and I agree with you guys. LOL I guess its their prerogative to do what they choose to do and their business but I'm still not a fan. Its like mud wrestling, while drunk guys watch and cheer. Their business but just not a fan of this kind of stuff.

Just like dani and keesha working at Hooters Right? Or janelle serving drinks right? All thrree are/were using SEX to sell a product just like LFL... I don't see their FANS criticizing their choice of occupation.

I think fans are HYPOCRITES at times...not pointing fingers at you peaches just generalizing.
Back to top Go down
Moody
Moody

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 19th 2008, 1:35 pm

GetReal wrote:
I think fans are HYPOCRITES at times...not pointing fingers at you peaches just generalizing.

Don't come around here calling our posters names.

I removed what you said about Janelle. Janelle is protected at AABB. Can't even say "parading around...." Naughty, naughty
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
Candace

Number of posts : 8856
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 19th 2008, 2:00 pm

confused

Cousin_Jake

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 19th 2008, 2:16 pm

Perhaps you're missing my point GetReal - I'm not saying that these "lingerie bowl" players are doing anything wrong or immoral by being payed to play tackle football in their underwear. My point was that if this game was half time "entertainment" at a regular football game then I consider it sexist. At least one quarter of the paid audience at a regular football game are girls/women. It wouldn't be sexist entertainment if they also had a "briefs" game with young men running around playing tackle football in their boxer briefs with no protection for their "bits", just as the girls look like they're playing with no protection for their boobs and cooters. (Of course, it's their choice to play - but that doesn't change my opinion)
I guess in general I consider it sexist to have only one gender on display for a mixed gender audience. (at least for an audience that is there to see something else - if this is a league where people pay to go and see these women play, that puts a different spin on it)
..... also, sexist isn't a synonym for immoral
Back to top Go down
Moody
Moody

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 19th 2008, 2:20 pm

icecoffee wrote:
confused

lol!
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
Candace

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 19th 2008, 2:21 pm

Moody wrote:
icecoffee wrote:
confused

lol!

This is what I thought yesterday, but kept my fingers shut...

Number of posts : 13237

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 19th 2008, 3:51 pm

boob shake boob shake

SUN 8/7c WED 8/7c THUR 9/8c
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
Candace

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 19th 2008, 3:57 pm

snow wrote:
boob shake boob shake

LMAO yours is bigger!!!!!

Famous for being Famous
Mrs C

Number of posts : 6548

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 19th 2008, 4:36 pm

EWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! LMAO
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
Peaches

Number of posts : 4656
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 19th 2008, 5:32 pm

GetReal wrote:
Peaches wrote:
flowerpower wrote:

Quote :
Good lord.

Just like dani and keesha working at Hooters Right? Or janelle serving drinks right? All thrree are/were using SEX to sell a product just like LFL... I don't see their FANS criticizing their choice of occupation.

Well, since you quoted my post it sure feels like you are pointing fingers and calling me a hypocrite, which IMO is way out of line. My post never bashed April or anyone else. I said I, only myself, am not a fan of this kind of stuff. It is MY opinion. It is also my choice rather I choose to talk about Keesha or anyone elses career. I don't understand how Dani, Keesha, Janelle, or anyone else has anything to do with this thread. Now, if you feel like Hooter's is selling sex, that is your opinion, but it feels like it was mentioned for one reason only. I hope not, because it has been really nice around here since all of the stuff was over.

If your opinion is the same concerning this topic and Hooter's, that is fine, but that does not mean other people won't disagree and that should also be respected. Also, my being a fan of Keesha, Dani, Janelle, the dog down the street, the mailman, Spongebob, or anyone else does not reflect my opinion on everything in life. Sheesh..... doh
Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
Gail

Number of posts : 3334
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 19th 2008, 5:43 pm

Excellent, Peaches! Well said.
Back to top Go down
GetReal

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 19th 2008, 6:14 pm

I think fans are HYPOCRITES at times...not pointing fingers at you peaches just generalizing.[/quote]

Well, since you quoted my post it sure feels like you are pointing fingers and calling me a hypocrite, which IMO is way out of line. My post never bashed April or anyone else. I said I, only myself, am not a fan of this kind of stuff. It is MY opinion. It is also my choice rather I choose to talk about Keesha or anyone elses career. I don't understand how Dani, Keesha, Janelle, or anyone else has anything to do with this thread. Now, if you feel like Hooter's is selling sex, that is your opinion, but it feels like it was mentioned for one reason only. I hope not, because it has been really nice around here since all of the stuff was over.

If your opinion is the same concerning this topic and Hooter's, that is fine, but that does not mean other people won't disagree and that should also be respected. Also, my being a fan of Keesha, Dani, Janelle, the dog down the street, the mailman, Spongebob, or anyone else does not reflect my opinion on everything in life. Sheesh..... doh[/quote]

Did i call you a hypocrite? I said "fans." plural.

Tell me the difference between LFL and hooters? That's all i'm saying. Both are marketing a product using sex appeal targeting mainly at the male audience. I could give a rat anus what dani, janelle or keesha do for a living.
Back to top Go down
Moody
Moody

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 19th 2008, 6:22 pm

GetReal wrote:
Tell me the difference between LFL and hooters? That's all i'm saying. Both are marketing a product using sex appeal targeting mainly at the male audience. I could give a rat anus what dani, janelle or keesha do for a living.

The difference that you are addressing is that JenJ. worked for LFL and Daniele, Hooter's. We have fans of both these women on this board that coexist in peace and you appear to be trying to egg on a fight by calling "fans" hypocrites. The who is better than who discussion regarding Jen and Dani is so last year. Move on.
Back to top Go down
GetReal

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 19th 2008, 6:30 pm

Moody wrote:
GetReal wrote:

The difference that you are addressing is that JenJ. worked for LFL and Daniele, Hooter's. We have fans of both these women on this board that coexist in peace and you appear to be trying to egg on a fight by calling "fans" hypocrites. The who is better than who discussion regarding Jen and Dani is so last year. Move on.

What the "F" are you talking about. This has nothing to do with Jen....you grasping at straws.
Back to top Go down
KayS
KayS

Number of posts : 25137

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 19th 2008, 6:43 pm

I personally don't like the LFL. Doesn't mean I don't like the gals doing it. I just asked why men would find that attractive. My boyfriend thinks it's hot and couldn't explain why.

I'm with Peaches on the women mud wrestling too. But pretty girls dressed in cute shorts and tops serving drinks. Anyone can see the attraction in that. IMO of course.
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
Mrs C

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 19th 2008, 6:48 pm

GetReal wrote:

I love games, especially trivia!

Waitress at hooters -What is shorts and tshirts whle serving customers hot wings and drinks.

LFL - What is shorts and bra tops while wrestling over a football.

Did I get it right??
Back to top Go down
Maureen
Maureen

Number of posts : 16156
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 19th 2008, 6:55 pm

Mrs C wrote:
GetReal wrote:

Waitress at hooters -What is shorts and tshirts whle serving customers hot wings and drinks.

Did I get it right??

::::pats couch seat::::
Mrs C, come sit with me and have some popcorn...this is berry interesting to watch.
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
Mrs C

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 19th 2008, 7:02 pm

Wildebeest wrote:

::::pats couch seat::::
Mrs C, come sit with me and have some popcorn...this is berry interesting to watch.

:::sitting on the couch sharing popcorn with Moe::: Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GetReal

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 19th 2008, 7:06 pm

Mrs C wrote:
GetReal wrote:

Did I get it right??

Because LFL is not targeted at women.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   November 19th 2008, 7:10 pm

My two cents worth...

The women who work at Hooters do just that...WORK. They're earning a living.

The women in the LFL are working towards their careers I suppose... hoping to be noticed for whatever purpose they wish.

Ultimately, it's their lives.

I swear the teeshirts, shorts and even the lingerie cover more than a lot of bathing suits these days LOL

Peace out chickadees
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)   

Back to top Go down

April Dowling playing for Phoenix Scorch (LB)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 10-
Jump to: