Season 21 - Episode 8 - "We Was Robbed"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Season 21 - Episode 8 - "We Was Robbed"   November 17th 2012, 7:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Season 21 - Episode 8 - "We Was Robbed"   November 18th 2012, 9:36 pm

I liked this episode. Felt bad for the Rockers, they got robbed, literally. Sad to see them go.

I like a lot of this cast and the way some of them help one another. With the exception of Natalie & Nadiya, I would be happy to see any of them win. Just can't get over the stealing of the money they did, that sucked.

LOL at Brent, he did amazing in that time challenge where all the others struggled. He reminds me so much of Ragan. These two guys have been the underdogs on so many of the legs, but they just keep pulling through, love them!

Last edited by Jack'd on November 19th 2012, 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Season 21 - Episode 8 - "We Was Robbed"   November 18th 2012, 10:17 pm

I enjoyed tonight's episode (except the lost passport part). Twinnie splitting her pants made me laugh so hard! And she was great about it, too. Laughing

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Season 21 - Episode 8 - "We Was Robbed"   November 18th 2012, 10:25 pm

This season is interesting in how they help each other out...it's different. I don't recall that in other seasons I have watched.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Season 21 - Episode 8 - "We Was Robbed"   November 19th 2012, 6:49 am

I thought this episode was boring, and I didn't think the leg actually had a lot going for it. It was essentially two challenges and then a pit stop. I didn't think the episode needed to be set up as a continuation at all.

I felt really bad for James and Abba though. Considering all the problems they had last leg, the NEL was a waste on them. There was nothing they could do to catch up, so they should have just been eliminated last leg. Getting a temporary passport was going to take them hours to get, they were already starting the leg way behind everyone else, and they had to do a speed bump. There was no overcoming that.

Jack'd, brent does remind me of Ragan as well. He even kind of looks like him.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Season 21 - Episode 8 - "We Was Robbed"   November 19th 2012, 9:41 am

Double post:

Ryan had a lot to say about this episode, guys. Let's begin with this:

Ryan Danz ‏@RyanDanz
No AMAZING RACE TONIGHT - please watch AMAs; it's less scripted and fewer production f ups

and keep moving forward.

Ryan Danz ‏@RyanDanz
“@RealityRecaps: Soooo how are James & Abba getting home w/o passports? I guess production has to give them back now... Bahahaha

Ryan Danz ‏@RyanDanz
@King_CJPhoenix I'm on TV bc I don't keep my cool ...gotta play the game the way the script is written

Ryan Danz ‏@RyanDanz
“@RealityRecaps: Poor @RyanDanz production always gives him the dodo music. #TAR #AmazingRace” part of the script that day

@RyanDanz Confused, a little. At the end of last week Phil said you can't check in without Passports. This week you can?

Ryan Danz ‏@RyanDanz
@SAlbetski another "scripted" moment

Calculating time zones? Really? Why don't you just have them play pattycake with each other? @NatalieeAnd @NadiyaaAnd @RyanDanz #AmazingRace

Ryan Danz ‏@RyanDanz
@grimsleyyy @natalieeand @nadiyaaand not that easy: 8 cities flash on screen: 60 cities on paper 2 locate w/in 60 sec-& not told which TZ

StopCancer ‏@StopCancer
Jaymes Vaughan determined to win 'The Amazing Race' to cure father's cancer http://bit.ly/ZV8hFf

Ryan Danz ‏@RyanDanz
@StopCancer ahahahahahaha - such a publicity move. shameful.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16475
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Season 21 - Episode 8 - "We Was Robbed"   November 19th 2012, 9:46 am

I guess we can assume by Ryan's tweets that he and Abby didn't win the race? Lol
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9283
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Season 21 - Episode 8 - "We Was Robbed"   November 19th 2012, 12:19 pm

wow! i so hope TAR is not as edited as he is saying
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Season 21 - Episode 8 - "We Was Robbed"   November 19th 2012, 1:54 pm

Odin wrote:

@RyanDanz Confused, a little. At the end of last week Phil said you can't check in without Passports. This week you can?

I forgot last night, I wanted to mention this same thing. The way that was handled confused the hell out of me. He said I can't check you in without your passports, sent them on their way. They looked a bit, came back and Phil said "surprise" it's not an elimination leg, you get this penalty and you need to find your passports. I thought it was the stupidest thing ever, why didn't he just check them in in the first place!
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Season 21 - Episode 8 - "We Was Robbed"   November 19th 2012, 3:22 pm

Jack'd wrote:
Odin wrote:

I forgot last night, I wanted to mention this same thing. The way that was handled confused the hell out of me. He said I can't check you in without your passports, sent them on their way. They looked a bit, came back and Phil said "surprise" it's not an elimination leg, you get this penalty and you need to find your passports. I thought it was the stupidest thing ever, why didn't he just check them in in the first place!

That's part of the crap that Ryan is talking about. Obviously they wanted the rockers to hang around for another episode (the producers must like them and their 'story').

I would also imagine that Ryan did NOT take 25 tries at the quiz as the show would lead the viewer to believe.

Because of the logistics of editing legs, the TAR peeps take A LOT of liberties with their edits. A prime example is sound bites from the team members. Unless the camera has directly captured the racers saying stuff, you can pretty much guarantee that the sound bites did NOT occur where the editors have placed them. This is done to exaggerate fights between partners as well as making the villain teams seem worse than they actually were. And the editors often reuse and insert the same sound bite over and over again during the race.

Number of posts : 15078
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Season 21 - Episode 8 - "We Was Robbed"   November 19th 2012, 7:18 pm

The twins made me laugh and I liked that they laughed about it too.

I was sad to see the rockers go.

PostSubject: Re: Season 21 - Episode 8 - "We Was Robbed"   

Back to top Go down

Season 21 - Episode 8 - "We Was Robbed"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Amazing Race-
Jump to: