all about big brother ~ aabb

Discuss reality television. Big Brother, Survivor, Housewives, etc

HomePortalCalendarFAQLog inRegister

Share | 

Poll regarding Dan and Brit using Janelle's name

Go down 

Were Dan's & Brit's shoutouts to Janelle on the Thurs episode:
a show of respect to her, knowing she would be happy Boogie was evicted?
39%
 39% [ 27 ]
a deliberate effort to pander to her fans
38%
 38% [ 26 ]
Dan's was respect, Brit's was pandering
9%
 9% [ 6 ]
Brit's was respect, Dan's was pandering
7%
 7% [ 5 ]
None of the above (explain in a post below)
7%
 7% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 69

AuthorMessage
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
gluedtothepc

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Poll regarding Dan and Brit using Janelle's name   August 25th 2012, 10:14 am

I'm really curious what everyone's opinons are about this, and hope a lot of people will vote. Very Happy

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Poll regarding Dan and Brit using Janelle's name   August 25th 2012, 10:29 am

I think in both cases it was a show of respect- AND pandering- in equal parts. Dan panders more in his goodbye messages- mentioning Janelle plus outright lying to Janelle that he "was sorry he couldn't save her" when he didn't really try. Brit I think realizes that she may be in some trouble with the feed watchers- and I think she's trying to blame Ashley. She mentions many times that Ashley said things about janelle that Brit is now questioning. For Dan- I think getting janelle out was strategic. For Brit- it was personal, imo.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
ebowers

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Poll regarding Dan and Brit using Janelle's name   August 25th 2012, 10:34 am

I truly believe that both used Janelle's name as they did out of respect for her and thinking she'd be happy they were evicting him. I think both Dan and Brit respect Janelle as a BB player... as a true competitor of the game as well as Mike Boogie. I also believe all coaches will be friends outside of the game. It's the fans that can't seem to forgive certain ways people play the game and that causes drama to ensue. Now granted, I have only watched a handful of the BB14 tv shows this season, but I follow this board every day (thanks so much for all the up dates). It never dawned on me watching Thursday's show that Dan and Brit were trying to pander to Janelle's fans.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16475
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Poll regarding Dan and Brit using Janelle's name   August 25th 2012, 10:48 am

I think it was a combination of the first and second choices so I voted "None of the Above".
I think both Dan and Brit were responsible for getting Janelle up and out (Dan could easily have convinced Danielle not to use the POV, IMO, and Brit spread a lot of lies about Janelle's conversations and did a lot of trash talking about Janelle that week) but I think both Dan and Brit have a few regrets about that decision and probably wish that they'd voted out Frank that week. (Just a guess, of course.) I'm sure they both would expect that Janelle would cheer Boogie's eviction and would appreciate a shout out but Janelle didn't really appreciate their efforts so I guess any attempts to mend fences hasn't been successful so far.
I also think they were pandering to Janelle (knowing she's been at home probably reading the boards, watching the shows and watching key flashbacks) and also to Janelle's fans.
Back to top Go down
NickelPickle
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1927

PostSubject: Re: Poll regarding Dan and Brit using Janelle's name   August 25th 2012, 10:56 am

I think Brit's shoutout was more about Boogie than Janelle. She was really annoyed that he and Frank were bagging on them with the phonecalls in the DR, so i'm not surprised she went that route with her goodbye. Using Janelle was obviously the best way to get a dig at him. Her delivery was excellent. I can completely understand why people would be annoyed at it given that she was the one that got the ball rolling for Janelle's backdoor though.

As far as Dan goes...I'm really not sure about this one. He never seems sincere to me so it's hard to say. I don't know that he was angling to get Janelle's fans for the AC vote like some are saying. However, i do think he is very conscious of the fans perception of him.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
Cassandra

Number of posts : 4483
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Poll regarding Dan and Brit using Janelle's name   August 25th 2012, 11:37 am

The only reason I give Dan even a small pass (and it's very small) is because he initially tried really hard to keep Janelle but, I think, listening to the Bitchy Girls convinced him he could never keep that group together (and started believing their lies) so for his own game he threw his lot in with B/F. If he is evicted Thursday, he will be the next one to realize it was a mistake not to get Frank out when he could.
Also Janelle said she would keep in touch with Dan after the game and seems to like his family, so I'm easing up on him. Janelle knows Britney played on her friendship and stabbed her in the back even to the extent that she lied about her vote. It was SO personal, not game. I think Brit wants to be friends with Janelle after the game but that will be a tough one.

All Star
All Star
Shug

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Poll regarding Dan and Brit using Janelle's name   August 25th 2012, 1:50 pm

IMO both Britney and Dan did the goodbye's to send a message to Janelle, telling her she was right about Frank and Boogie.

Britney helped Janelle spread the truth about what a jerk he is in and out of the game when the game first started. Britney was NOT 100% on board with the Boogie alliance. She's the one who brought Janelle to the HOH room that night to work a deal with the coaches. She wanted to work with Janelle, not Boogie.

After listening to Boogie trash Janelle I think this was Britney and Dan's way of saying "this one's for you Janelle." Britney more so than Dan, since imo he was the one who was dead set on working with Boogie and orchestrated the Boogie alliance by telling Danielle to nominate her. Now Dan is paying the price for that stupid decision. He was the leader of that group and only he could have stopped it.

I think both of them were sincere in sending Janelle a message. I don't think there were any other motives for the goodbye mesages. People are reading too much into it imo. It was a show of respect to Janelle. . . nothing more and nothing less.

Superstar, Legend and Icon
Lori

Number of posts : 22967

PostSubject: Re: Poll regarding Dan and Brit using Janelle's name   August 25th 2012, 2:35 pm

It was a shameless attempt to garner points amongst the fans, imho. Brit could have easily used "Will's" name and Dan didn't need to say a thing. They both played a huge role in her being evicted.
Back to top Go down
carra
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Poll regarding Dan and Brit using Janelle's name   August 25th 2012, 3:20 pm

Lori wrote:
It was a shameless attempt to garner points amongst the fans, imho. Brit could have easily used "Will's" name and Dan didn't need to say a thing. They both played a huge role in her being evicted.

This ITA with!!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator
Nancy AABB Admin

Number of posts : 35564
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Poll regarding Dan and Brit using Janelle's name   August 25th 2012, 3:23 pm

Neither of the messages bothered me. I liked Dan's and I thought Britney's was funny.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Jax

Jax

Number of posts : 144

PostSubject: Re: Poll regarding Dan and Brit using Janelle's name   August 25th 2012, 3:31 pm

For myself I screamed bullshit when Dan said for Janelle I vote to evict Boogie. He played such a vital role in turning Danielle's veto on Janelle, to me it was more of a slap in the face to both Boogie and Janelle. Voting out Boogie was all about bettering his game, so to say that this vote was for Janelle, had nothing to do with respecting Janelle. In Dan's mind, he might think this is an olive branch to say I made a mistake, but it was done in poor taste. As for Britney it was less about Janelle and more about putting a dig at Boogie and I think he actually enjoyed it. Janelle probably wants Britney to stop using her name period, in order to make herself look good and in this case funny.
Back to top Go down
Maureen
Maureen

Number of posts : 16156
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Poll regarding Dan and Brit using Janelle's name   August 25th 2012, 3:41 pm

I liked both of them bringing up Janelle's name but I liked Brit's so much better for another reason.

I think if Dan did a Boogie good-bye he would have cowed down and did a "Dan" speech "I am so sorry, Boogie, you are the greatest player to ever play this game and I KNOW you would win if we kept you and I want a chance at winning this game...and the only shot of winning is to get out the greatest player of all time".
There is NO way Dan would have ever dedicated his vote to Janelle if Boog was headed to jury.

On the other hand, Brit would have said her funny good-bye to Boogie whether he was going home or to the jury house!!...so for me, hers rocked much, much more than Dan's!!!!

ETA...that is what I meant!! lol!
Back to top Go down
LaLa
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
LaLa

Number of posts : 7278

PostSubject: Re: Poll regarding Dan and Brit using Janelle's name   August 25th 2012, 5:13 pm

I think it was a show of respect and also an admission that made a mistake (based upon info they found out after the eviction of Janelle). But, I think it was also pandering, because they both know how popular Janelle is, and how devoted her fans are ($25,000 on the line!)

Ian is getting awesome edit. So the Janelle fans will need to be diligent to get her Fan Favorite. We have our work cut out for us. Cleo and Clio, Dingo and other heavy Twitter'ers are cheering on Frank & Ian, so hopefully they will split the "other" fan vote, and Janie will win.

I thought the edit of the good-byes was really good, and sneaky by BB. The way they cut off Dans' sentence and let Ian finish the sentiment. Brits' good bye was perfect. BB Gold.

I love Janelle for being brutally honest. Thatís what made viewers fall in love with her from the first season. She owned who she is. She called out the nerd herd to their faces. She doesnít make any excuses for who she is, and everyone loves her honesty. ~ Julie Chen
Back to top Go down
cuyaddaber
Head of Household
Head of Household
cuyaddaber

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2012-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Poll regarding Dan and Brit using Janelle's name   August 26th 2012, 9:41 am

I think DAN/BRIT thought voting out Janelle was strategic
but janelle told them time & again that it was BAD STRATEGY and she outlined the reasons why it was BAD STRATEGY
they didnt even give her the courtesy, as a friend, to tell her she didnt have the votes
it was cruel and unecessary to lie about it when they def had the votes
i think the only one who did this for personal reasons was DANIELLE Rolling Eyes

while i enjoyed them, I was literally & physically taken aback by the messages,
I was somewhat satisfied they both know they made a mistake, however, i don't confuse that with their obvious alterior motives IMO

a deliberate effort to pander to Jani's fans AND especially to AMERICA/non-live feeders >> YES IT WAS

it also was their guilty conscience > i wish i had all the flashback times but both brit and dan have said more than once what a great player jani was, and how she was right - too numerous to count, they knew, but they also continued to bash her - it was quite a spectacle this summer

dan is still convinced that jani didnt play a good/fair game - he is believing all the lies
but didnt have enough respect for jani to just ask her outright while she was still in the house?? just unacceptable in my book

of all the people who do not have the live feeds, i hope enough of them have enough common sense to recognize the facts

(A) DAN/BRIT voted against her
(B) DAN/BRIT then give her props for boogs eviction

It's an obvious contradiction.

Cassandra wrote:
The only reason I give Dan even a small pass (and it's very small) is because he initially tried really hard to keep Janelle but, I think, listening to the Bitchy Girls convinced him he could never keep that group together (and started believing their lies) so for his own game he threw his lot in with B/F. If he is evicted Thursday, he will be the next one to realize it was a mistake not to get Frank out when he could.
Also Janelle said she would keep in touch with Dan after the game and seems to like his family, so I'm easing up on him. Janelle knows Britney played on her friendship and stabbed her in the back even to the extent that she lied about her vote. It was SO personal, not game. I think Brit wants to be friends with Janelle after the game but that will be a tough one.

janelle has said in public, that she will not be friends with brit

(if you have superpass, you can watch the interview under LIVE)
http://superpass.real.com/big-brother/season-14/videos/happy-hour-7

i think its evident that britney really hurt jani's feelings, and i know jani, the main reason is that brit lied
maybe time will heal that wound, and maybe they can be friends much later

but i believe 100% that if brit had simply told jani she was being evicted, then jani would have respected her 'game move'
even though it was a bad one.

ebowers wrote:
I truly believe that both used Janelle's name as they did out of respect for her and thinking she'd be happy they were evicting him. I think both Dan and Brit respect Janelle as a BB player... as a true competitor of the game as well as Mike Boogie. I also believe all coaches will be friends outside of the game. It's the fans that can't seem to forgive certain ways people play the game and that causes drama to ensue. Now granted, I have only watched a handful of the BB14 tv shows this season, but I follow this board every day (thanks so much for all the up dates). It never dawned on me watching Thursday's show that Dan and Brit were trying to pander to Janelle's fans.

i totally respect your opinion.

just wanted to say (as another jani fan) that for me, it wasn't the gameplay that i don't respect, good or bad.

what i don't respect is the cruelty - they made jani believe she had the votes. that was not 'gameplay' it serves no purpose.

telling janie out of respect, would not have changed the votes.

https://www.facebook.com/cuyaddaber
carra
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Poll regarding Dan and Brit using Janelle's name   August 26th 2012, 10:40 am

cuyaddaber wrote:
I think DAN/BRIT thought voting out Janelle was strategic
but janelle told them time & again that it was BAD STRATEGY and she outlined the reasons why it was BAD STRATEGY
they didnt even give her the courtesy, as a friend, to tell her she didnt have the votes
it was cruel and unecessary to lie about it when they def had the votes
i think the only one who did this for personal reasons was DANIELLE Rolling Eyes

while i enjoyed them, I was literally & physically taken aback by the messages,
I was somewhat satisfied they both know they made a mistake, however, i don't confuse that with their obvious alterior motives IMO

a deliberate effort to pander to Jani's fans AND especially to AMERICA/non-live feeders >> YES IT WAS

it also was their guilty conscience > i wish i had all the flashback times but both brit and dan have said more than once what a great player jani was, and how she was right - too numerous to count, they knew, but they also continued to bash her - it was quite a spectacle this summer

dan is still convinced that jani didnt play a good/fair game - he is believing all the lies
but didnt have enough respect for jani to just ask her outright while she was still in the house?? just unacceptable in my book

of all the people who do not have the live feeds, i hope enough of them have enough common sense to recognize the facts

(A) DAN/BRIT voted against her
(B) DAN/BRIT then give her props for boogs eviction

It's an obvious contradiction.

Cassandra wrote:

janelle has said in public, that she will not be friends with brit

(if you have superpass, you can watch the interview under LIVE)
http://superpass.real.com/big-brother/season-14/videos/happy-hour-7

i think its evident that britney really hurt jani's feelings, and i know jani, the main reason is that brit lied
maybe time will heal that wound, and maybe they can be friends much later

but i believe 100% that if brit had simply told jani she was being evicted, then jani would have respected her 'game move'
even though it was a bad one.

ebowers wrote:

i totally respect your opinion.

just wanted to say (as another jani fan) that for me, it wasn't the gameplay that i don't respect, good or bad.

what i don't respect is the cruelty - they made jani believe she had the votes. that was not 'gameplay' it serves no purpose.

telling janie out of respect, would not have changed the votes.

good posting tens bravo
Back to top Go down
Lori
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Poll regarding Dan and Brit using Janelle's name   August 26th 2012, 10:48 am

cuyaddaber...GREAT post and I am in total agreement! You said everything so well! tens
Back to top Go down
lallybelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
lallybelle

Number of posts : 8088

PostSubject: Re: Poll regarding Dan and Brit using Janelle's name   August 26th 2012, 11:11 am

I agree. Although I believe they both like Janelle those messages came off like they were avenging her by voting out Boogie, but their hands were all up in it too so it rings false.

Of course Britney's was gold and anything making fun of Boogie is ok by me...lol.
Back to top Go down
KayS
KayS

Number of posts : 25137

PostSubject: Re: Poll regarding Dan and Brit using Janelle's name   August 26th 2012, 11:17 am

Mine was a combo of the first two. Britney has said too many mean things about Janelle for my taste.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Poll regarding Dan and Brit using Janelle's name   August 26th 2012, 11:18 am

Brit's goodbye was hysterical but she should have used Will's name instead of Janelle's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll regarding Dan and Brit using Janelle's name   

Back to top Go down

Poll regarding Dan and Brit using Janelle's name
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 14-
Jump to: