Current occupation: Self Employed/“Basketball” Wife
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Kerri and Stacy   January 26th 2012, 7:14 pm

Thank You for posting these CJ. You're the best!

Number of posts : 15078
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Kerri and Stacy   January 27th 2012, 3:50 pm

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Kerri and Stacy   March 15th 2012, 5:37 am

I love these two, and I hope they're not eliminated this week. *prays*

I'll be very disappointed if they go. Sad
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35561
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Kerri and Stacy   March 15th 2012, 5:42 am

LOL - thanks Odin. They are so funny, witty... love them
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Kerri and Stacy   March 15th 2012, 9:15 am

lol! Love Kerri and Stacy! I like their attitudes and the fact that they stand up for themselves when bullied.

I don't blame them for not liking Vanessa and Ralph after the "ghetto trash" comment Vanessa made about them. That was horrible!

Administrator

Number of posts : 35561
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Kerri and Stacy   March 15th 2012, 9:23 am

Shug wrote:
lol! Love Kerri and Stacy! I like their attitudes and the fact that they stand up for themselves when bullied.

I don't blame them for not liking Vanessa and Ralph after the "ghetto trash" comment Vanessa made about them. That was horrible!

Yes, that's pretty bad. It's a racial slur, no doubt about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kerri and Stacy   March 20th 2012, 2:05 am

There was so much drama around this team that it's unfortunate that we didn't get to see any of it. In fact, most of the teams seemed to dislike them for one reason or another, including Mark & Bopper (dislike is probably too strong for them) towards the end of their run.

Regardless, interview: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Race-Kerri-Stacy-1045040.aspx

Quote :
You had a lot of trouble with self-navigation. You got lost last leg, and the beginning and end of this one.

Kerri: Yeah. I think navigation savvy is one of those things where you either have it or you don't. You can't practice being navigationally savvy. Personally, I've never been savvy with navigation. Going from A to B? That's not my strong suit.

Stacy: But that's part of the Race. We get so dependent on GPS and technology to find things. When I'm overseas, I use the GPS to go everywhere. I'm never lost because I always have GPS. You take that tool away and you really gotta have that savvy. And we didn't have it the past two legs.

How did you end up at the wrong castle?

Stacy: There were two castles and the way we came into the castle town was from a different direction, so we didn't see the right castle on top of the hill. So as soon as we ran up to the wrong one, we were smart enough to ask, "Is this where Ludwig's bedroom is?"

Kerri: Yeah, because we were not gonna wait to go on the tour! [Laughs] Thankfully, people pointed us to the right direction. We always made sure that before we dove into something that could be time-consuming we knew were doing the right thing. We went to the wrong castle, but we asked. The other thing about the Race is you don't realize how much time other teams waste and that you can make up time. But when you're in the back, it's just hard to get out of that mind-frame. You need mental prowess to really overcome that.

And on their drama with the twins & Varaulphasaurus (Razz):

Quote :
How did you get along with the other teams? The extra clips online show some drama between you and the twins, and Vanessa and Ralph.

Kerri: The twins —they were just guys. You know how big brothers pick on little sisters? That's what our relationship was like. At first, you don't really know the other teams, so you're just trying to feel each other out. But Ralph and Vanessa — it wasn't so much Ralph. You know how you can be a good person, but one bad apple could fall off the branch? I think it was like that for their team. She pre-judged us before she even talked to us. ... Even though that little tiff happened with the twins, we don't judge them for that. It happened in the moment and we all got over it. But Ralph and Vanessa were like, "Oh, they're stuck-up." How do you know we're stuck-up when you haven't talked to us yet? Vanessa said that about us to other teams and they told us, so we were like, "Really? Is this The Real World or is this The Amazing Race?" Then Ralph tried to block us on the plane when Stacy was trying to get me to the front. She wasn't telling anyone to block him.

Stacy: Kerri was a few rows behind me on the plane, so I asked the people who were in front if they could let her get off the plane with me. ... Vanessa was just very catty. I can't deal with catty women. I can't tolerate it.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9284
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Kerri and Stacy   March 20th 2012, 7:20 am

wait, most teams seem to dislike Kerri & Stacy?
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kerri and Stacy   March 20th 2012, 9:05 am

Well, I shouldn't say most, but several of the teams had some sort of issue with them: Dave and Rachel, Ralph and Vanessa, The Twins, Mark and Bopper. Of course, none of this is expressed on the show, only in the Insider videos and interviews like the one above.
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Kerri and Stacy   March 20th 2012, 10:29 am

They didn't make an impression on me one way or another; however, when I heard her say her husband was a pro basketball player, I knew I wouldn't be sad to see them go. I know it's petty, but there seem to be so many of these athletes and/or their wives doing this, and I think they have somewhat of an unfair advantage.

Like I said, I know its petty, but I am not keen on pro-athletes winning money.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Kerri and Stacy   March 20th 2012, 1:42 pm

bergen wrote:
wait, most teams seem to dislike Kerri & Stacy?

Odin wrote:
Well, I shouldn't say most, but several of the teams had some sort of issue with them: Dave and Rachel, Ralph and Vanessa, The Twins, Mark and Bopper. Of course, none of this is expressed on the show, only in the Insider videos and interviews like the one above.

I hate the editing this season! We're missing so much that it's confusing. We would have no clue what's going on if not for the Insider videos. Mad

I didn't know some of the teams didn't like Kerri and Stacy either. From what I've observed they only had problems with the twins, Ralph/Vanessa and Dave/Rachel. Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen any friction between Mark/Bopper and Kerri/Stacy.

WTH would the producers leave out so much great TV to focus on some of the things they've shown? I'm beginning to think that the very teams we don't like and the other teams don't like are the ones who will be the final three and I really don't like that outcome! Rolling Eyes

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kerri and Stacy   March 20th 2012, 1:58 pm

There's not any friction, per se, but there's a video from last episode of Mark and Bopper talking about Kerri and Stacy, their friction with other teams, and their experiences with them on that particular leg that rubbed them the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9284
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Kerri and Stacy   March 20th 2012, 2:05 pm

i am so confused anymore by wth is going on-on the show and behind the scenes...i am just going to stick with my favs from the beginning, mark&bopper and brendon&rachel...though i want to stick in the border patrol agents because they really are running a good race
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Kerri and Stacy   March 20th 2012, 2:12 pm

Odin wrote:
There's not any friction, per se, but there's a video from last episode of Mark and Bopper talking about Kerri and Stacy, their friction with other teams, and their experiences with them on that particular leg that rubbed them the wrong way.

Thank you Odin. I'll have to watch it. They're such an upbeat, happy team it might be fun to see their views on the others. I think I'd tend to believe what they say because they're so honest and open about everything.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kerri and Stacy   March 20th 2012, 8:33 pm

Another interview: http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-kerri-paul-and-stacy-bowers-talk-the-amazing-race-13285.php

They seemed to really get along with Brenchel & Nary/Jamie. Kinda like a mini alliance b/t them. They also didn't think Art & J.J. seemed like pleasurable people, lol.

Quote :
Reality TV World: Were you guys aware at all of the bad relations that existed between Rachel and Brendon and Vanessa Macias and Ralph Kelley? During a previous leg, it seemed like Rachel and Brendon really disliked Vanessa and it got to the point where they couldn't even work in the same space. Did you notice any of that happening while you were racing?

Stacy Bowers: We definitely noticed the tension, but I mean, I think a lot of people noticed tension with Vanessa because she was just a difficult person. But we saw it because we were there in the airport.

We saw them exchanging words and I wasn't surprised. Rachel is a really nice person and when you pair a nice person with somebody who's just kind of a mean girl -- personality I mean -- that's what happens.
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 15078
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Kerri and Stacy   March 20th 2012, 9:13 pm

bergen wrote:
i am so confused anymore by wth is going on-on the show and behind the scenes...i am just going to stick with my favs from the beginning, mark&bopper and brendon&rachel...though i want to stick in the border patrol agents because they really are running a good race

I hate to agree, but the border patrol are running a good race. Yuck...I actually said it.

Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Kerri and Stacy   March 20th 2012, 9:16 pm

Thanks, Odin...that site needs to watch the show with the sound on lol! .
Seriously...did they not hear Vanessa harassing Rachel?

Reality TV World: Were you guys aware at all of the bad relations that existed between Rachel and Brendon and Vanessa Macias and Ralph Kelley? During a previous leg, it seemed like Rachel and Brendon really disliked Vanessa and it got to the point where they couldn't even work in the same space. Did you notice any of that happening while you were racing?

Stacy Bowers: We definitely noticed the tension, but I mean, I think a lot of people noticed tension with Vanessa because she was just a difficult person. But we saw it because we were there in the airport.
We saw them exchanging words and I wasn't surprised. Rachel is a really nice person and when you pair a nice person with somebody who's just kind of a mean girl -- personality I mean -- that's what happens.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kerri and Stacy   May 1st 2012, 8:21 pm

Dear Mississippi Cousins,

I miss you.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kerri and Stacy