Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 21st 2012, 9:13 pm

The last clip is adorable! I love this side of Rachel and Brendon. clap

Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 26th 2012, 6:39 pm

Thanks to a pair of Big Brother seasons, CBS knew what a reality TV goldmine it had in Rachel Reilly and her fiance, Brendon Villegas. Hot tempered, out-spoken and, lets face it, fierce competitors, tapping the twosome to run The Amazing Race was (despite what some of their haters might say) an inspired choice. I caught up with the pair to talk about the differences between BB and TAR, how they worked as a team and what reality show you might catch them on next!

Insider.com: How did the opportunity to run The Amazing Race come about?
Rachel Reilly: Brendon and I had always wanted to do it and CBS approached us right after we won Big Brother. We were so excited that we had just won, and when we got the offer to do The Amazing Race, it was insane. We knew we had to take the opportunity and do amazing on the show. It's a show that Brendon and I thought we would excel at; it gave us the opportunity to travel around the world, and to compete for a million dollars, so it was something that I was super excited about.

Insider: You basically played Big Brother as a team both times -- do you feel like that helped you here?
Rachel: I definitely think that we played Big Brother as a team. Even with something as simple as Brendon using the Power of Veto on me, we always tried to play together and I think that in the race, we definitely played as a team, which helped us with knowing how we would work together.
Brendon Villegas: I think not even just the team scenario and working together in Big Brother helped us, but the stressful situations helped as well. In Big Brother you're always stressed out, and that translates over to the Race where you're constantly stressed out. You need to be able to work under pressure, to get through it, keep your head down, and barrel through the competition.

Insider: Your BB seasons were interesting because in one, it felt like Brendon was keeping Rachel together and in the other, it felt like Rachel was the one keeping the team together. In the Race, did it feel like one of you was taking that role more often?
Brendon: Rachel and I are very intense people. There are good and bad things to being an emotional person: we're passionate and passionate about each other. We get very intense as well, so we have our moments, but like I said, it was very much a learning experience for us because it was so different from Big Brother. Big Brother is a mental and physical game, but I feel like the Race is a little more physical -- there are mental aspects, but those come and go. In Big Brother you can't ever get away from the game, you don't get down time, that's the difference with the race.

Rachel: It was way harder than I thought it would be. It's so different because in Big Brother you're secluded 100 percent -- you're cut off from everything and you're just living in a house. In the Race, you are in the middle of a crowd of people at all times, you're making travel plans, running around in crowded streets and you're actually racing around the world. It's so different than what you see on television -- you're always tired, it's what you would expect the race to be and then some.
Brendon: For me, I always think that it's kind of like comparing a sprint to an endurance race. In Big Brother, we compete as hard as we can for ten minutes and then you're done. In The Amazing Race, once you get off that plane you keep going and going until you hit that mat and you're done. That's a different experience because it's a different kind of stress. It's almost like being tied, like a bungee cord, to your partner for the entire time. You have to do everything together, and that's a challenge too.

Insider: And what about the hosts? How does Phil Keoghan compare to Julie Chen?
Rachel: [laughs] You don't ever want to go see Julie, but with Phil you always want to race to be the first person to see him.
Brendon: Julie's hair always looks so much better! [laughs]

Read the rest here -

http://www.theinsider.com/tv/50005_Amazing_Race_Rachel_and_Brendan_Interview/
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 27th 2012, 4:05 pm

The Amazing Race - A World of Difference
Brendon & Rachel explain how Big Brother is different from The Amazing Race

Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 27th 2012, 4:23 pm

Jack'd wrote:
Thanks to a pair of Big Brother seasons, CBS knew what a reality TV goldmine it had in Rachel Reilly and her fiance, Brendon Villegas. Hot tempered, out-spoken and, lets face it, fierce competitors, tapping the twosome to run The Amazing Race was (despite what some of their haters might say) an inspired choice. I caught up with the pair to talk about the differences between BB and TAR, how they worked as a team and what reality show you might catch them on next!

Insider.com: How did the opportunity to run The Amazing Race come about?
Rachel Reilly: Brendon and I had always wanted to do it and CBS approached us right after we won Big Brother. We were so excited that we had just won, and when we got the offer to do The Amazing Race, it was insane. We knew we had to take the opportunity and do amazing on the show. It's a show that Brendon and I thought we would excel at; it gave us the opportunity to travel around the world, and to compete for a million dollars, so it was something that I was super excited about.

Insider: You basically played Big Brother as a team both times -- do you feel like that helped you here?
Rachel: I definitely think that we played Big Brother as a team. Even with something as simple as Brendon using the Power of Veto on me, we always tried to play together and I think that in the race, we definitely played as a team, which helped us with knowing how we would work together.
Brendon Villegas: I think not even just the team scenario and working together in Big Brother helped us, but the stressful situations helped as well. In Big Brother you're always stressed out, and that translates over to the Race where you're constantly stressed out. You need to be able to work under pressure, to get through it, keep your head down, and barrel through the competition.

Insider: Your BB seasons were interesting because in one, it felt like Brendon was keeping Rachel together and in the other, it felt like Rachel was the one keeping the team together. In the Race, did it feel like one of you was taking that role more often?
Brendon: Rachel and I are very intense people. There are good and bad things to being an emotional person: we're passionate and passionate about each other. We get very intense as well, so we have our moments, but like I said, it was very much a learning experience for us because it was so different from Big Brother. Big Brother is a mental and physical game, but I feel like the Race is a little more physical -- there are mental aspects, but those come and go. In Big Brother you can't ever get away from the game, you don't get down time, that's the difference with the race.

Rachel: It was way harder than I thought it would be. It's so different because in Big Brother you're secluded 100 percent -- you're cut off from everything and you're just living in a house. In the Race, you are in the middle of a crowd of people at all times, you're making travel plans, running around in crowded streets and you're actually racing around the world. It's so different than what you see on television -- you're always tired, it's what you would expect the race to be and then some.
Brendon: For me, I always think that it's kind of like comparing a sprint to an endurance race. In Big Brother, we compete as hard as we can for ten minutes and then you're done. In The Amazing Race, once you get off that plane you keep going and going until you hit that mat and you're done. That's a different experience because it's a different kind of stress. It's almost like being tied, like a bungee cord, to your partner for the entire time. You have to do everything together, and that's a challenge too.

Insider: And what about the hosts? How does Phil Keoghan compare to Julie Chen?
Rachel: [laughs] You don't ever want to go see Julie, but with Phil you always want to race to be the first person to see him.
Brendon: Julie's hair always looks so much better! [laughs]

Read the rest here -

http://www.theinsider.com/tv/50005_Amazing_Race_Rachel_and_Brendan_Interview/

Answer from Rachel that stuck out to me from this interview:

Rachel: I feel like Brendon would do well on Survivor now you go win us a million dollars!

Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 27th 2012, 4:47 pm

Scottep_32 wrote:

Answer from Rachel that stuck out to me from this interview:

Rachel: I feel like Brendon would do well on Survivor now you go win us a million dollars.
Love it! lol!
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 3rd 2012, 8:22 am

4200 wrote:
I really hope CBS hired someone to dress up as a bush and follow them around on the race. You never know when you'll need it with those 2 Smile

LMAO
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 3rd 2012, 8:23 am

Do we have any idea how far they go? I am really curious.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 3rd 2012, 8:35 am

Moody wrote:

Spoilers are saying they make the final three, Lee Ann, and our poster lazygirl (who has some inside scoop) posted hints to the fact that they just might have won the whole thing.

Personally, I am hoping the spoilers and lazygirl's hints are dead on!!
GO RACHEL!!

Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 3rd 2012, 8:39 am

Moody wrote:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Top cat
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2442
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 3rd 2012, 9:29 am

Okay here is a stupid question...I have always thought only one of the team does the
road block.Here they have both of them???Why would both being doing it??
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 3rd 2012, 9:34 am

Top cat wrote:
Okay here is a stupid question...I have always thought only one of the team does the

No question is stupid.

There is always a task that both team members do during the season.
Back to top Go down
Top cat
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2442
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 3rd 2012, 9:37 am

Maureen wrote:
Top cat wrote:

No question is stupid.

There is always a task that both team members do during the season.

Thanks.I have been watching for a long time and did not remember that...Old age I guess.LOL
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 3rd 2012, 10:33 am

Maureen wrote:
Moody wrote:

Spoilers are saying they make the final three, Lee Ann, and our poster lazygirl (who has some inside scoop) posted hints to the fact that they just might have won the whole thing.

'Some inside scoop' ?? You mean she saw the pics like we all did ?? You mean she's guessing that Brenchel wins ?? She has a 33.333% chance in being right, IF Brenchel is not a decoy team and they are actually F3.

Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 3rd 2012, 10:39 am

Hugh310 wrote:
Maureen wrote:
Moody wrote:

'Some inside scoop' ?? You mean she saw the pics like we all did ?? You mean she's guessing that Brenchel wins ?? She has a 33.333% chance in being right, IF Brenchel is not a decoy team and they are actually F3.

Hugh, can you please let a woman dream????? lol!

Seriously, you are right but I think lazygirl has real accurate inside scoop...inside scoop that doesn't pertain to seeing a few photos or reading the spoilers at FORT.

Time will tell if she was just toying with us (which I don't think she was) and I sure will big cry if she was!
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 3rd 2012, 10:49 am

IF lazygirl had any real accurate inside scoop on who wins, it would be ALL OVER Sucks and RFF. No one on the boards KNOWS who wins, they just KNOW how their 'guess/tease' will be received by the Brenchel fans.

Cool

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1925
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 3rd 2012, 5:52 pm

Ugh. I didn't want to read any spoilers and thought I was save in this thread.
Back to top Go down
PhilipAlanPhoto
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 3rd 2012, 7:38 pm

boots wrote:
Ugh. I didn't want to read any spoilers and thought I was save in this thread.

Me and you both, boots. Ugh. Thank you, Scott, for at least hiding your info in a "Spoiler" tag.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Philip-Alan-Photography/6909574238
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 4th 2012, 9:24 am

Hugh310 wrote:

IF lazygirl had any real accurate inside scoop on who wins, it would be ALL OVER Sucks and RFF. No one on the boards KNOWS who wins, they just KNOW how their 'guess/tease' will be received by the Brenchel fans.

Cool

Oh Hugh, everyone knows that ALL spoilers are only 50% accurate and mostly pure guesses/wishes.
50% say they are in the final three and the other 50% say they are NOT.
I choose to believe the 50% that say they are IN!...and my money is down that you choose to believe the 50% that say they are NOT!
Wink
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 4th 2012, 3:08 pm

I would say the chances of Brenchel making the F3 is about 90%.

I would say the chances of Brenchel winning is 33.33%.

My main point - lazygirl does NOT know who wins, she's just guessing.

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 14th 2012, 6:09 pm

Interview at this past week's Pit Stop -

Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 14th 2012, 6:54 pm

The video doesn't load for me, Lynda.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 15th 2012, 6:24 am

Rachel knows exactly what Rachel and Vanessa are... haters

Oh, Brendon's there too, but I tried to block him out. BTW, does Rachel's voice sound deeper to anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 15th 2012, 8:44 am

lol! Well Rachel has her reason to win now. . . not floaters this time, it's haters!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4631

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 15th 2012, 8:44 am

For some reason my computer isnt letting me view the videos.... not just here... almost every where... can someone give me the cliff notes to the videos? Please & Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 15th 2012, 9:10 am

Gimme I couldn't see the one Jack'd posted either but I can view the next one. Maybe it's not your computer but the video.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 15th 2012, 9:35 am

The one Jack'd linked to is embedded incorrectly or something, but it's essentially Brendon and Rachel explaining to Phil that they needed to stop worrying about other racers and worry about themselves in order to do better in the race. They let their competitive natures get the best of them, and sometimes they're too competitive to the point that they argue/compete against each other, and they (or at least one of them) needs to realize this and try to stop it. At the end, they see a man in a green cow costume and laugh about it. Oh, they already know what some people will think about them being in the race: some supporters, some haters, and some who are just tired of seeing them.

the Video I linked to is of Rachel acknowledging that she knows that Rachel and Vanessa talk about her and her outfits behind her back and that they need to get over it and go drink their haterade. She, on the other hand, thinks her looks are cute.
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 15th 2012, 9:51 am

Hugh310 wrote:
I would say the chances of Brenchel making the F3 is about 90%.

I would say the chances of Brenchel winning is 33.33%.

And how do YOU know? I have no idea if she has an insider friend or not...but how do you know for sure she doesnt?
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 15th 2012, 5:41 pm

Sorry guys, I don't know what happened to the clip, it won't embed for some reason. Here's the link if you want to watch it.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/2208953055/amazing-race-green-cow-saves-the-day
Back to top Go down
sanelso
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 15th 2012, 6:12 pm

Some of the other teams might not be the nicest, but I hardly think B/R are the innocents in all the bickering. I think it goes both ways, come on for the past 2 summers we all saw on the feeds how mean and petty B/R can be as well. There is another insider video from this week where Brendon is saying some not so nice things about the other racers too. All I can say is...pot meet kettle, Brendon.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 15th 2012, 7:18 pm

sanelso wrote:
Some of the other teams might not be the nicest, but I hardly think B/R are the innocents in all the bickering. I think it goes both ways, come on for the past 2 summers we all saw on the feeds how mean and petty B/R can be as well. There is another insider video from this week where Brendon is saying some not so nice things about the other racers too. All I can say is...pot meet kettle, Brendon.

Oh come on, there are other teams that are saying "not so nice things" that are not shown on the show but on clips on CBS.
IMO Brendon's and Rachel's comments were mild compared to Vanessa calling the cousins "ghetto trash"....but since it was not Brendon or Rachel saying that mean comment about the cousins...it must be OK in your book.

And if I was Rachel and Vanessa kept yelling out that she could see my crotch...well, let's just say I won't say here what I would say to her face if she ever did that to me.

PS...did you turn a blind eye/deaf ear to the other people on BB that said MEAN things to/about Rachel????...some were much meaner than what Rachel ever said.

Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 15th 2012, 7:30 pm

Schooner wrote:
Hugh310 wrote:

And how do YOU know? I have no idea if she has an insider friend or not...but how do you know for sure she doesnt?

As I posted EARLIER in this thread ...

Quote :

yw

Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 15th 2012, 7:39 pm

Maureen wrote:
sanelso wrote:

Oh come on, there are other teams that are saying "not so nice things" that are not shown on the show but on clips on CBS.
IMO Brendon's and Rachel's comments were mild compared to Vanessa calling the cousins "ghetto trash"....but since it was not Brendon or Rachel saying that mean comment about the cousins...it must be OK in your book.

And if I was Rachel and Vanessa kept yelling out that she could see my crotch...well, let's just say I won't say here what I would say to her face if she ever did that to me.

PS...did you turn a blind eye/deaf ear to the other people on BB that said MEAN things to/about Rachel????...some were much meaner than what Rachel ever said.

Calling Vanessa a ' triflin' ho ' is considered mild ??

And maybe we'd see some of these 'not so nice' comments by others if the friggin' TAR producer idiots didn't spend so much time on Brenchel's repetitive staged fights over NOTHING (though the idiots must feel the need to 'defend' their choice of inviting Brenchel to TAR). Brenchel's giving them the 'drama' {snort} that they were 'hired' to bring, but I blame the TAR producer idiots for giving the viewers WAY MORE of the 'drama' than they need to show.

Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 15th 2012, 7:48 pm

Hugh310 wrote:

Calling Vanessa a ' triflin' ho ' is considered mild ??

Yup!

Calling a young black woman ghetto trash is totally disgusting and totally racist and only a triflin' ho would say that.
lol!
Seriously, I don't like any woman calling another woman a ho...but what NICE woman taunts another woman about seeing her crotch or calls another young woman ghetto trash?
Not any nice woman that I know.

PS...what clip did Rachel call Vanessa a ho? I haven't watched all the clips so I missed that one.

Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 15th 2012, 8:33 pm

Quote :
PS...what clip did Rachel call Vanessa a ho? I haven't watched all the clips so I missed that one.

It was Colonel Mustard, with a lead pipe, in the observatory.

It was Brendon, in the back of a taxi, in the last episode.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 15th 2012, 8:42 pm

Hugh310 wrote:

Quote :

It was Colonel Mustard, with a lead pipe, in the observatory.

It was Brendon, in the back of a taxi, in the last episode.

Oh I thought you said Rachel called her a triflin ho too.
I remember Brendon calling Ralph and Vanessa the ogre and the triflin' ho when they were in the cab.
I am sure Brendon is still ticked after what Vanessa did to Rachel at the watermelon place (for no good reason at all)...wouldn't you be if someone did that to your girlfriend?
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 15th 2012, 9:51 pm

This is an odd discussion because, Hugh, haven't you called Rachel (and Brendon, I guess) much worse names? This is a weird crusade, lol.

I do agree that TAR needs to stop overly focusing on Brenchel, especially this early in the game when we still have 8 or 9 teams. It's causing a lot of the storyline to not be presented at all, and it's completely undermining the teams we won't be seeing much longer. The fact that I still know next to nothing about the federal agents/teachers says a lot.
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 15th 2012, 10:25 pm

I don't believe I've called Rachel a ho or worse.

As for Brendon, I'm with Dani (WLBB backyard interview) - he's a lot more tolerable and 'enjoyable' without Rachel in the picture.

After the inevitable breakup of Brenchel this year, I wish him well ...

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9284
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   March 15th 2012, 11:00 pm

they are ALL being mean and triflin...i personally don't even pay attention to the stupid catty fights that happen during the TAR, not with B&R or any of the teams, it's not that kind of show to me, i watch BB for that, with TAR they show it for a second and then move on anyway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   

Back to top Go down

Brendon and Rachel
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Amazing Race-
Jump to: