AuthorMessage
MyScott95
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3508
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 26th 2011, 6:33 pm

lallybelle wrote:
Nah. They were minions. They would have had NO CLUE if it wasn't for Dani.

The only reason the Lawon thing happened was because Kalia was panicing about the next week and getting fustrated with everyone thinking Dani was running her HOH. So after Dani steered her off of Porsche she backed off not to piss off Kalia. Once Lawon volunteered, it was done. They were happy enough to get through the week without any reprocusions because Lawon wouldn't be after them. It wasn't untill Dani started figuring out the twist completely she then wanted to switch back to Rachel, in case it was Brendon who came back. But while they were busy hiding in the HOH, they lost the feel of the house. Rachel already had the votes and there was nothing they could do about it.

Not sure about minions but Dani influenced a lot of peoples games. Kalia nor Dom wanted Jeff as the target over B&R yet they went along with it which got Dom evicted, Kalia put Jeff up for Dani during her HOH no matter what she says then Dani tells Jeff she had nothing to do with it. She turned Porche on Rachel and Jeff and then got Shelly to turn on Jeff so whether they played her game for her or not they were influenced by her whether they realise it or not. Dani played them well but nothing wrong with that IMO.

Free clicks fund therapy for children with autism:
♥ www.bit.ly/aFundTherapy ♥
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?page=4&aid=107098&
charlottesweb
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5398

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 26th 2011, 6:44 pm

MyScott95 wrote:
lallybelle wrote:
Nah. They were minions. They would have had NO CLUE if it wasn't for Dani.

The only reason the Lawon thing happened was because Kalia was panicing about the next week and getting fustrated with everyone thinking Dani was running her HOH. So after Dani steered her off of Porsche she backed off not to piss off Kalia. Once Lawon volunteered, it was done. They were happy enough to get through the week without any reprocusions because Lawon wouldn't be after them. It wasn't untill Dani started figuring out the twist completely she then wanted to switch back to Rachel, in case it was Brendon who came back. But while they were busy hiding in the HOH, they lost the feel of the house. Rachel already had the votes and there was nothing they could do about it.

Not sure about minions but Dani influenced a lot of peoples games. Kalia nor Dom wanted Jeff as the target over B&R yet they went along with it which got Dom evicted, Kalia put Jeff up for Dani during her HOH no matter what she says then Dani tells Jeff she had nothing to do with it. She turned Porche on Rachel and Jeff and then got Shelly to turn on Jeff so whether they played her game for her or not they were influenced by her whether they realise it or not. Dani played them well but nothing wrong with that IMO.

I agree with these posts..Dani played a good game for awhile, getting others [her minions] to do her work but it finally caught up with her and she landed in the JH along with Jeff, the person she had been trying to oust.

I love your avatar MyScott..Smile

'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.'
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9284
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 26th 2011, 7:33 pm

i just don't understand why putting up and voting people out that are not part of your alliance, or getting rid of one part of a powerful couple is considered being someones minion??? Porsche and Kalia threw the Dani comments in as digs, and i personally appreciated them for it.
Now if Dani convinced them to keep opposing alliance members in the game after she left, then they were minions, but they didn't, they got rid of the people they needed to get rid of.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35561
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 26th 2011, 7:49 pm

bergen wrote:
i just don't understand why putting up and voting people out that are not part of your alliance, or getting rid of one part of a powerful couple is considered being someones minion??? Porsche and Kalia threw the Dani comments in as digs, and i personally appreciated them for it.
Now if Dani convinced them to keep opposing alliance members in the game after she left, then they were minions, but they didn't, they got rid of the people they needed to get rid of.

Exactly. When Jordan called in that group in the purple room and left the others out.... there was no way they weren't going to stick together.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 26th 2011, 8:10 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
bergen wrote:
i just don't understand why putting up and voting people out that are not part of your alliance, or getting rid of one part of a powerful couple is considered being someones minion???

Exactly. When Jordan called in that group in the purple room and left the others out.... there was no way they weren't going to stick together.

And apparently voting for one of your alliance members to win the game is verboten as well .....
Back to top Go down
lallybelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8088

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 26th 2011, 8:14 pm

Meh, of course they would vote for their alliance. Anyone shocked by that was silly.

But minions are still minions.
Back to top Go down
LaLa
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7278

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 26th 2011, 8:23 pm

If the term minion works for ya, have at it... At least Dani didn't tell her "minions" to shut up and eat a cookie.... And if Dani was such puppetmaster, why didn't her "minion" put Jordan on the block?

I love Janelle for being brutally honest. That’s what made viewers fall in love with her from the first season. She owned who she is. She called out the nerd herd to their faces. She doesn’t make any excuses for who she is, and everyone loves her honesty. ~ Julie Chen
Back to top Go down
lallybelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8088

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 26th 2011, 8:42 pm

Who said Dani was a puppetmaster?

Oh and it was "don't talk and just eat something". No cookie.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 26th 2011, 9:33 pm

lallybelle wrote:
Meh, of course they would vote for their alliance. Anyone shocked by that was silly.

But minions are still minions.

then what are we debating? what exactly defines a minion???
but if we want to go with that word, then there was a house full of them doing the work of others.
I don't think i have to name names.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 27th 2011, 9:49 am

Maybe a better word to use is student instead of minion. Kahlia and Porsche were floundering in the game until they teamed up with Dani. She taught them how to play the game and they both played much better games with her help.

I don't think they would have done as well without Dani. I see that as the reason many fans think they played Dani's game, not their own game. She taught them well.
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 27th 2011, 10:07 am

K & P are Dani's 'protegees' ........

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 27th 2011, 11:26 am

Shug wrote:

Maybe a better word to use is student instead of minion. Kahlia and Porsche were floundering in the game until they teamed up with Dani. She taught them how to play the game and they both played much better games with her help.

I don't think they would have done as well without Dani. I see that as the reason many fans think they played Dani's game, not their own game. She taught them well.

Very true, imo. And I think protegee is a good word. Kalia's just not my favorite, no offense to anyone. She's NOT Daniele. To me, she has a fascination with herself and an overestimation of her game. And maybe I'm just bitter, because I wish she were out of Dani's superpass altogether, and Dom was in.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 27th 2011, 11:33 am

ranjake wrote:
Shug wrote:

Very true, imo. And I think protegee is a good word. Kalia's just not my favorite, no offense to anyone. She's NOT Daniele. To me, she has a fascination with herself and an overestimation of her game. And maybe I'm just bitter, because I wish she were out of Dani's superpass altogether, and Dom was in.
I agree one million percent about the bolded part!! (I understand that Kalia is a natural choice, but probably not the most popular one to pair with Dani if Superpass had taken a poll.) And I agree that protegee is better than minion.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 27th 2011, 9:39 pm

dom would always be a fun choice but i like dani and kalias friendship.
hey maybe dom will call in.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 27th 2011, 9:45 pm

I like the transition of Kalia wanting to be super besties with Jordan to her more natural friendship with Dani. That said, I will probably avoid the SP interview because of Kalia, so I hope you guys take good notes. ^_^
Back to top Go down
NickelPickle
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1927
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 28th 2011, 8:22 pm

bergen wrote:
dom would always be a fun choice but i like dani and kalias friendship.
hey maybe dom will call in.

I really like their friendship as well. You can tell Kalia is a very loyal, sincere friend to the ones she cares about.

A Pajama Jammer chat or a D/K/P would have been good too though.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 28th 2011, 8:31 pm

The biggest problem I have with it is Kalia's propensity toward talking a LOT. I want to hear Dani's thoughts, and am worried she won't get as much 'talking' time. I apologize to any Kalia fans, because I don't have anything against her, and I really hope I'm wrong!! I would also have enjoyed watching Dom and Dani interact, so that's a little selfish on my part.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 28th 2011, 8:58 pm

gluedtothepc wrote:
The biggest problem I have with it is Kalia's propensity toward talking a LOT. I want to hear Dani's thoughts, and am worried she won't get as much 'talking' time. I apologize to any Kalia fans, because I don't have anything against her, and I really hope I'm wrong!! I would also have enjoyed watching Dom and Dani interact, so that's a little selfish on my part.

Maybe he will show up tomorrow they've both been pretty quiet on twitter today, or at least call in.
Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 28th 2011, 9:21 pm

It would be really cool if Dom showed up, too. I feel the same as Glued, and no offense to Kalia; I just feel like I've heard EVERYTHING she has to say already, but maybe she'll surprise me. I just have the vibe that Dani/Dom are or will have a relationship. I know it's kind of dumb, all these BB couples- but I feel like they would be really good together, in a way I NEVER felt about Hayden/Kristen for example (sorry, too- because I know a lot of you guys were rooting for them, as well. I just always felt like Kristen was way out of his league.)
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35561
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 28th 2011, 9:25 pm

ranjake wrote:
It would be really cool if Dom showed up, too. I feel the same as Glued, and no offense to Kalia; I just feel like I've heard EVERYTHING she has to say already, but maybe she'll surprise me. I just have the vibe that Dani/Dom are or will have a relationship. I know it's kind of dumb, all these BB couples- but I feel like they would be really good together, in a way I NEVER felt about Hayden/Kristen for example (sorry, too- because I know a lot of you guys were rooting for them, as well. I just always felt like Kristen was way out of his league.)

Agree with everything you posted. Kalia does talk too much. She needs to learn how to edit.
It's not just Kalia though... I feel like I've heard it all from every one of them. It will be the same old thing and I imagine we will go over the same old back and forth here too. Hope not. Maybe Dani will have a few new zingers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 28th 2011, 9:30 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
ranjake wrote:

Agree with everything you posted. Kalia does talk too much. She needs to learn how to edit.
It's not just Kalia though... I feel like I've heard it all from every one of them. It will be the same old thing and I imagine we will go over the same old back and forth here too. Hope not. Maybe Dani will have a few new zingers.

agreed nancy, sometimes i wish superpass would just try and do one big reunion type show, for like a couple hours, with whoever shows up and call it a day. I know they try to strech people keeping the feeds for as long as possible, but all the he said, she said in the separate interviews gets tiresome.
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 28th 2011, 9:43 pm

If Chelsia and Missy are doing their jobs right, they can easily prevent Kalia from rambling too much.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 28th 2011, 10:32 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
ranjake wrote:

I don't know what it is about this season but it does seem like the same discussions. Maybe it is because we have had the same back and forth that rehashes it all again and again.

Cool
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 28th 2011, 10:40 pm

ndd123 wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:
ranjake wrote:

I don't know what it is about this season but it does seem like the same discussions. Maybe it is because we have had the same back and forth that rehashes it all again and again.

Cool

Well if the J/J/B/R fans would just accept the fact that J/J/B/R suck and stop arguing that fact there wouldn't be any need for these arguments

dripping sarcasm sorta Cool
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 28th 2011, 10:46 pm

Hell no, I am not getting into this Scott... Razz

j/j do not suck... b/r they are on their own....

Cool
Back to top Go down
lovepeacehappiness
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 28th 2011, 11:13 pm

Meh personal bias aside I think with the super pass chats they should just take questions from twitter and not have callers.with the way it's set up now IMO very rarely is anything said that we didn't know already/or is interesting whether it's someone I like or not. But that's jmo.
Back to top Go down
gatormator23
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1393
Registration date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 28th 2011, 11:16 pm

Agree, can they at least get rid of that green screen!? I hate it.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 29th 2011, 12:23 am

The fact of the matter is all the vets this season had some type of influence over the newbies and the decisions they made starting week one. After Rachel won the first HoH both Shelly and Kalia voted to evict Keith. Had they voted Porche out the outcome might have been completely different.

Kalia is responsible for nominating Lawon because even if he volunteered to be a pawn she should have laughed it off and instead put Jordan up as a pawn. Then Rachel would have for sure been voted out. Even with the twist Brendon would have thrown the comp so Rachel could re-enter the house. Assuming Dani won the next HoH she could have gotten Rachel out (if she didn't win the veto) or someone from the other side.

Instead, she had to get Brendon evicted a second time. Once Brendon came back it was 6 vs 3. If Rachel was evicted and came back it would have been 5 vs 4. Then with Dani sending someone from the other side home it would have been 4 vs 4.

Lawon would have been a number for Dani and Kalia's side.

I do not understand why Kalia never understood that then and she still doesn't seem to get that concept now.

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
LaLa
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7278

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 29th 2011, 1:25 am

Kalia can say whatever she wants, but she was against Lawon week 1...she never was sincere with him, and always pretty much looked down her nose at him. I know I felt sorry him in a way, but then again, was/is a strange duck for sure.

Then only person in the house that seemed to have Kalia somewhat reigned in was Dani...and even then...Dani lost it a few times. Such a shame dani left so early, it would have been awesome to see Dani vs Jordan/rachel... EPIC.

I love Janelle for being brutally honest. That’s what made viewers fall in love with her from the first season. She owned who she is. She called out the nerd herd to their faces. She doesn’t make any excuses for who she is, and everyone loves her honesty. ~ Julie Chen
Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 29th 2011, 5:12 am

Am I wrong- or when Jordan was HOH- and Adam and Dom were coming off the block with Dom's veto; didn't Kalia REALLY want to go on the block with Lawon, and she wanted Lawon to go? I could be totally wrong, but I'm remembering her saying "I want my Golden key- I want him out". And she was always throwing him under the bus big time. Rachel even told Lawon as much the next week-right? Or am I wrong?

Kalia seems to revise things in her post-game interviews- so I'm sort of ready to tune her out. I am interested in what Dani has to say; I don't feel like she got near enough time on the finale- and she was so central to so many game events, even after her eviction.
Back to top Go down
sanelso
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 29th 2011, 7:11 am

ranjake wrote:
Am I wrong- or when Jordan was HOH- and Adam and Dom were coming off the block with Dom's veto; didn't Kalia REALLY want to go on the block with Lawon, and she wanted Lawon to go? I could be totally wrong, but I'm remembering her saying "I want my Golden key- I want him out". And she was always throwing him under the bus big time. Rachel even told Lawon as much the next week-right? Or am I wrong?

Kalia seems to revise things in her post-game interviews- so I'm sort of ready to tune her out. I am interested in what Dani has to say; I don't feel like she got near enough time on the finale- and she was so central to so many game events, even after her eviction.

No you are correct the whole time GK's were available, Kalia was begging to go on the block so Lawon would be voted out and she would get the key. IIRC, there were a couple of times she was practically in tears alternately because she wasn't being nominated (a chance to get the key) and because of the stress of possibly going up Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

She loves to say she was a such strong player, but her obsession with the GK and then getting Jeff out so Jordan would "play" with her, and then how easily influenced she and her actions were by Shelly and Dani and finally not wanting to stand out on the Adam/Shelly vote, tell me otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16475
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 29th 2011, 1:05 pm

Every one of them lost it in some form or another when they were in a position to be nominated and evicted. (as most HGs do every season)
Kalia's biggest mistake was not listening to Dani when Dani told her over and over again that the only way to make sure Rachel was evicted that week was to put Jordan up as the replacement. Rachel would have been evicted and, as useless as Lawon appeared to be comp wise, he would have at least been a vote for his alliance during the following week/weeks.
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 29th 2011, 1:09 pm

Cousin_Jake wrote:
Every one of them lost it in some form or another when they were in a position to be nominated and evicted. (as most HGs do every season)
Kalia's biggest mistake was not listening to Dani when Dani told her over and over again that the only way to make sure Rachel was evicted that week was to put Jordan up as the replacement. Rachel would have been evicted and, as useless as Lawon appeared to be comp wise, he would have at least been a vote for his alliance during the following week/weeks.

And think of how different the jury vote would have been with Lawon as a voter and minus brendon or rachel. Kalia really fucked up big time
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 29th 2011, 1:16 pm

Going by his interviews, Lawon would have voted for Rachel if she made it to F2, so I'll take his word for it.

ranjake wrote:

Rachel didn't tell him. Brendon told him the complete story, week 3, and Lawon didn't believe it and went and told Kalia, who denied it. Kalia's ORIGINAL reason for going on the block was to protect Jordan and Jeff from ever going up if the power ever shifted. I remember her lying in her room talking to herself and detailing that whole plan, and I remember how people were claiming all around the BB sphere that she was "playing for Jeff and Jordan," and that her plan was stupid.
Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 29th 2011, 3:31 pm

Odin wrote:
Going by his interviews, Lawon would have voted for Rachel if she made it to F2, so I'll take his word for it.

ranjake wrote:

Rachel didn't tell him. Brendon told him the complete story, week 3, and Lawon didn't believe it and went and told Kalia, who denied it. Kalia's ORIGINAL reason for going on the block was to protect Jordan and Jeff from ever going up if the power ever shifted. I remember her lying in her room talking to herself and detailing that whole plan, and I remember how people were claiming all around the BB sphere that she was "playing for Jeff and Jordan," and that her plan was stupid.

Wow- Odin. I'll take your word for it- but I don't remember that at all!

Attn.: Kalia fans- Kalia on twitter looking for "sponsers" for her plane ticket to reality rescue in VA....approximately $350.

eta.: Also says she didn't fart on the dummy- BB edited farts on her! Would BB do that? That's disgusting if they would!
Back to top Go down
PhilipAlanPhoto
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 29th 2011, 3:38 pm

ranjake wrote:
Odin wrote:

ranjake wrote:

Attn.: Kalia fans- Kalia on twitter looking for "sponsers" for her plane ticket to reality rescue in VA....approximately $350.

eta.: Also says she didn't fart on the dummy- BB edited farts on her! Would BB do that? That's disgusting if they would!

And make other HGs lie about it? Doubt it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Philip-Alan-Photography/6909574238
Lori

Number of posts : 22967

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 29th 2011, 3:40 pm

ranjake wrote:
Odin wrote:

ranjake wrote:

LMAO That would be disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 29th 2011, 4:03 pm

Kalia wants sponsors for her airline tickets to the Reality Rescue. Is she aware that it is for animal rescues? Maybe she could contact the ASPCA and offer to be their spokesperson.
Back to top Go down
PhilipAlanPhoto
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 29th 2011, 4:04 pm

Mappy wrote:
Kalia wants sponsors for her airline tickets to the Reality Rescue. Is she aware that it is for animal rescues? Maybe she could contact the ASPCA and offer to be their spokesperson.

I thought the VA people fly the HGs out there??
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Philip-Alan-Photography/6909574238
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 29th 2011, 4:07 pm

PhilipAlanPhoto wrote:
Mappy wrote:

I thought the VA people fly the HGs out there??

I guess not... or maybe a select few. I heard they were on their own. This is strictly for charity. *novel concept*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   

Back to top Go down

Kalia
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 13-
Jump to: